PDA

View Full Version : Big (NT) News... NAC v's CASA Round 2

Gotmygearup
15th Apr 2005, 10:02
NT NEWS 15.04.2005
NT AIRLINE TO FIGHT AUDIT ALLEGATIONS
By Rebecca Hewett
An NT airline has been asked to “show cause” why it should not be permanently grounded after a special audit identified regulatory breaches.
It is understood Northern Air Charter’s company certificate was cancelled after the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) issued a “show cause” notice in January.
This would have grounded the company’s planes.
But the airline’s licence was reinstated after it appealed to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal on February 4. The stay of cancellation will hold until the matter is heard by the tribunal.
CASA spokesperson Peter Gibson confirmed the air safety regulator had taken action against the airline. But he said he could not discuss the matter as it was before the courts.
“There is regulatory action under way but it is subject to appeal, “Mr Gibson said.
“The matter is now with our legal counsel and would not be appropriate for me to comment further at this time.”
It is understood a special audit of the airline in January identified a large number of breaches.
But Northern Air Charter owner Stefan Woods said he would fight the allegations “vigorously”.
“These are administrative allegations, they have nothing to do with flight safety,” Mr Wood said.
“We believe these allegations are extremely unjust and we are looking forward to fighting it.
“We would expect to have this wrapped up quickly. I can’t comment further because I don’t want to interfere with the process.”
A date has not yet been set for the Administrative Appeals Tribunal hearing. Please excuse transcripting typo's.

DUXNUTZ
16th Apr 2005, 02:10
Yeah "Administrative Allegations" , i.e Screwing your employees!

Hand Swingn The Prop
16th Apr 2005, 04:49
Shouldnt this post be moved to:

"Good News Stories From Northern Air Charter"

Its good... its news...:}

Spotlight
16th Apr 2005, 05:46
I was actually quite tickled by the Administrative allegations, and nothing to do with flight safety bit.

Caveat. The following is a fairytale of Joe Bloggs Airlines.

'Screwing your employees' would not be part of Casa's brief here, but rather I would surmise that the Administrative allegations could relate to 'Failure to keep accurate records' etc. 20.11's not done, current medical certificates not on file, copies of maintenance releases for all A/C operated in the preceding 12 months not available, Operations manual not amended to accord with the current practice's, Ops manual not read and signed by all employees with an operational role, defects not being recorded in Part 2 of the Maintenance Release, rostering staff not trained or aware of F & D limitations, key staff not aware of their responsibilities under the Act etc. Now this is all before even looking at an aeroplane or the maintenance history.

As the man said, nothing to do with flight safety. You decide!

Erin Brockovich
16th Apr 2005, 10:00
I would like to applaud CASA for finally doing something about the on-going problems. They might also want to go look at the organisation who does the maintenance on the aircraft at NAC. I heard that one of NAC's aircraft that was worked on by the sister company engineers (aj) wouldn't sign off on it due to its condition from poor maintenance previously performed on it.we are looking forward to fighting itWhat, are you a complete idiot. This is why SW is nota reasonable person who had faults like all of usHe looks forward to fighting, even with the regulator. He just loves digging his own grave. Unfortunately some undeserving pilots (except maybe the current cp) will be out of a job.

funboy
18th Apr 2005, 22:58
heard the new CP has already handed in notice. Must be fun times at nac.

Howard Hughes
18th Apr 2005, 23:15
How many CP's has this company had in the last 2 years?

Surely this must ring alarm bell's at CASA?

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

xplane10
19th Apr 2005, 01:10
not as many as the rfds se section!!

gary gearbox
19th Apr 2005, 04:16
I expect they, like most GA companies at the moment are losing the more experianced guys to bigger, higher and faster jobs.

GG

jon.pierre
23rd Apr 2005, 00:14
Hi "jon,pierre"

Good effort... but like most cheap imitations, it falls apart under close scrutiny. I guess I should be flattered at your desire to be like me, though. Get life and your own handle.

J.P

Sorry GG but "it wosunt me"

Woomera
23rd Apr 2005, 07:27
A PPRuNe user name was registered which was virtually identical to an existing PPRuNe user name, I assume to perhaps embarass that original user. :mad:

The immitation user will have some problems accessing Dunnunda forum. As it should be! :E

Woomera

jon;pierre
23rd Apr 2005, 09:00
Too bad jon, better luck next time

"A PPRuNe user name was registered which was virtually identical to an existing PPRuNe user name, I assume to perhaps embarass that original user.

The immitation user will have some problems accessing Dunnunda forum. As it should be!

Woomera"

My patience is wearing very thin........... Not that you are able to read this post!

:mad:

Woomera