PDA

View Full Version : would the owner of....

applehead
14th Apr 2005, 06:21
...black mercedes 747-CAP (qld plates) spotted driving in the Brisbane CBD early this week please throw yourself (better yet, drive yourself) off the nearest cliff.

How on earth could anyone drive around with plates like that and not figure out what a complete f**kw*t you are!!!!

:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

swh
14th Apr 2005, 06:31
Give him a break, he had just finished air cadets and was on his way to the airport for some spotting before the flight sim users meeting.

:}

Yakka
14th Apr 2005, 07:01
He can't be serious..................must have been a gift

gaunty
14th Apr 2005, 07:21
Fair suck of the sauce bottle chaps:p

If he really was a 747 Capt then he may have some personal validation and CRM problems. You didn't happen to notice if there was a brass hat on the parcel shelf?

If he is a wannabe or trying to then maybe he is trying to keep his motivation up.

In another life motivation was a part of my business, still is I 'spose.

A well tested part of the process is called visualisation, i.e. keeping a very clear picture in your minds eye of where you want to be and constructing other visual aids to keep it there. Putting it out there like that might be a bit strong and/or dangerous to your ego, but there are many succesful people out there who have been dismissed as nerdish dreamers.:8
Anybody watching "Australian Story" this week would understand that.:{

First thing you need to know when you are preparing a flight plan is the destination and available alternates.:ok:

DirtyPierre
14th Apr 2005, 07:46
applehead,

Were they personalised number plates? Or were they standard plates that happened to be 747-CAP?

A workmate of mine picked up a new 4x4 a couple of years ago to find the number plate was 741-FSO. He is an ex FSO.

Could be just a coincidence.

Ultralights
14th Apr 2005, 08:57
...black mercedes 747-CAP

cant be a 74 cap, how could he afford the Mercedes! :}

MOR
14th Apr 2005, 09:48
Wow! Where can I get a set of those plates?

Also, does anyone have a spare captains jacket that I can hang in my car? I need to keep the sun off my collection of exotic Jepps that live on the back seat.

Is a 747 a type of plane?

DeltaSix
14th Apr 2005, 10:27
Talk about his pride and joy.............. 747-CAP

I saw once in Parramatta, Sydney a plate number - FLY747

A Toyota Prado.........

Can I have the PA31-CAP on mine then.........:yuk:

D6

Keg
14th Apr 2005, 22:53
Heard tell of a trainee RAAF pilot who had RAAF wings tatooed on his chest sometime during the course. Not only did he fail to make the grade, he now has a permanent reminder of that on his chest! :ouch: :}

scrambler
14th Apr 2005, 23:06
I tried to get some personal plates to reflect my first job after getting my CPL, alas BIG MAC was already taken

gaunty
15th Apr 2005, 00:32
Keg mate thats why that form of visualisation is dangerous, like the tatto with the name of past squeeze.:}

Gudija
15th Apr 2005, 00:54
I once saw a Holden Barina in Perth with 747-400 personalised plates. At least a Merc is a bit more believable.

SmoothCriminal
15th Apr 2005, 01:47
I've seen a 747-HVY or was it HVY-747....in country NSW one of those "PT Cruiser" thingy's.....HEHE

Smoothie....:ok: :ok:

tinpis
15th Apr 2005, 02:00
Words fail me..

http://www.rx7club.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=93615&stc=1 http://www.rx7club.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=93612&stc=1 http://www.rx7club.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=93613&stc=1

NAMPS
15th Apr 2005, 04:45
Sorry DeltaSix you can only have up to six numbers and/or letters in total.

I can sell you - 152-CAP :}

Alien Sex God
15th Apr 2005, 05:09
tinpis, doesn't your other half get embarresed being seen in it?

GoGirl
15th Apr 2005, 10:24
Someone here on the Sunshine Coast drives a 4WD, possibly a BMW with black plates & 777 in white.

I'm sure there was someone in America a few years ago who had PPRuNe plates on their car :bored: the mind boggles huh!

GG

Sunfish
16th Apr 2005, 00:20
A certain person at YMMB has "V1ROT8".

Capt Claret
16th Apr 2005, 05:50
Perhaps our erstwhile 747 skipper has only recently become one and some one near and dear to him/her presented the plates as a gift.

Pretty curlish to tell a son or daughter who wanted to celebrate one's "success" that you wouldn't use their plates 'cause PPRuNers would call you a w@nker.

gaunty
16th Apr 2005, 06:36
CLARRIE :ok: :O

Ummmmm some Christmasses ago during the Harry Potter craze running out of ideas for the mrs gaunty I bought, after consultations with the princess gauntys, a personalised number plate for her new Echo. $375 later.

BRMMSTIK

We all including the prince gaunty thought is was pretty funny and sorta in character.:\ .

Come Chrissy morning blindfolded out the front gate Dah daaaaaaaaah.
:uhoh:
WRONG:{

Dawn on the first day of business after Christmas, gaunty is sitting outside the license place waiting to get the old ones back. :sad:

BTW anybody want them.??

tinpis
16th Apr 2005, 06:45
gaunty
What were you thinking of FFS?

DOBBY

OpsNormal
16th Apr 2005, 07:19
It never ceases to amaze just how much anyone who wants to show some form of individuality is cut down by many claiming their "normality" at having a go at someone being themselves.

My wife drives a little blue Mazda with personalised plates and they are quite clever (nothing to do with aviation).

Namps, been stuck on the east coast for too long? The Territory is by far the cheapest for personalised plates with a one off cost of just over $100. You can have more than six letters also. From memory WA can have up to nine characters.

Gaunty, 'tis a wonder she didn't come after ya with one! Mate that took mutsie! :}

Tinny, from somewhere else..... Gollum..... :E :E

Not_Another_Pot
16th Apr 2005, 12:36
I've got a personalised plate, either you get it or you don't.

Car rego is the same as the plane... 40th pressie from the kids:O

NAP

GoGirl
17th Apr 2005, 07:11
BRMMSTIK

Yep, I'd kill you :E

What were you thinking? :bored:

GG xx

Zhaadum
17th Apr 2005, 07:22
Gudija,

I know the car you refer to. Belonged to a GA Gr2 in JT who just happened to be a total backstabbing ******. Worked as a bag chucker or something at PH when not hanging around JT. And yes I have an axe to grind with him on one issue. But that still doesn't change the FACT he was a ******!

Never mind... phew I feel better now.!

:ok:

Cool! Auto ****** naughty word editor! :O

Stiff Under Carriage
19th Apr 2005, 01:23
I actually think "V1ROT8" is OK, well thought of, no one bar pilots would understand so you don't look like a ****** to everyone, just the minority.

The best plate I have seen, might have been a photo on pprune was "TIMOV" if you don't get it, write it down on a piece of paper and look at it in the mirror. Thats how'd be viewed from a rear view mirror.

There is also a guy at JT with "AV8TOR" plates but haven't seen it round lately, was on a blue Astra or Vectra or something.

bigfella5
19th Apr 2005, 07:29
ah yes...........the poor little nellies with a few hours and an attitude gang up to knock Capt Upyours................
Bugger it.......I like it...it's funny.
I mean...lets face it boys 'n' girls, the majority of you lot would LUUURRRRRRRVVVVV to be in a position to do that eh:E
Why don't yahs lighten up and just accept it for what it is....harmless fun and start worrying about whats truly wrong with this industrty as a whole....lack of award wages in GA, pilot unions that have sold out, paying for endorsements to get 40k a year,a regulatory authority that generally as a rule, hires idiots, morons and (in one case I can think of) FOIs whose experience generally has been on a blasted Tomahawk!!!!!!!!!!
Not too mention a hiring policy with a major airline that insists on taking ugly girls and poofs who can't pour a drink properly!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now............lets the see the claws fly!!!!:ok:

AIRWAY
19th Apr 2005, 09:19
I personally don’t see a problem with it, nor would I start judging someone because of a personalised plate :rolleyes:

masseygrad
19th Apr 2005, 10:58
Aboslutely.

Jeez, give 747-Cap a break. Its just a number plate. 99% of people who see his number plate aren't pilots and won't get jealous, or whatever. If anything much more subtle than walking (swaggering in some cases) though the terminal in uniform isn't it?

Ultralights
19th Apr 2005, 11:13
the one on my partners TT says it all.

its all about CH01CE or the one on my car $$$$$

gaunty
19th Apr 2005, 13:11
GG

Now you know I'm the last of the hard bitten thrill seekers. :p

I did check it out with her daughters in the coven.:rolleyes:

They are now trying to magic themselves from being banished as donkeys and writing out 1,000,000 times "I must not piss off the bigarse witch even if she is my mommy."

It seemed like a good idea at the time and my lawyer people are now talking to J K Rowlings lawyer people hoping for some kind of mediation.:{

In the meantime give Disco a real big luv up.:p

Obiwan
20th Apr 2005, 04:21
I wanted SHTBOX which would suit my car but
1. The plates would be worth more than the car
2. They are unavailable anyway... :(

jokova
20th Apr 2005, 05:03
A littlle history, boys and gels - Once upon a time there lived in the Big Smoke a FAMOUS pilot/navigator by the name of Patrick Gordon Taylor, "Bill" to his intimates -- SIR to lesser mortals, and later, (after he'd conquered the South Pacific in his PBY, "Frigate Bird 11", - see Powerhouse Museum exhibit), dubbed for life Sir Gordon.

Sir drove a bright red Jag Mk 10 for commuting to and from his Pittwater waterfront home at Bayview. Workers one day at the Rose Bay flying boat base were taken aback to see Sir drive up with a set of the latest yellow/black plates (all three letter, three digit - no exceptions, whoever you were), and 'pon my word, 'pon those plates we blinked and saw "ACE 000".

BTW talking of tats, (no, not QF Fergusson of tanks with 'cop this'), the biography of 'Ginger' Lacey, Second World War British fighter ace, contains a rare tale of a drunken night in Calcutta where a passed -out US major is decorated by Lacey and his mate for transgressions commited while still semi-coherent. To tell it further would deprive you of the opportunity of falling off your perches. Maybe someone with the time will post the page here.

Being not such a great leap from plates to graffiti, how about this on a wall up Oxford Street? COME BACK. COME BACK NIGEL. IT WAS ONLY A RASH.

enicalyth
20th Apr 2005, 13:39
izzat where they hauled the comatose guy off to a tattoist and had the union jack done on his chest? [after he had ranted anti limey b****hit].

jokova
20th Apr 2005, 17:53
Something along those lines . . . . much better that the whole story is discovered as she's writ.

Howard Hughes
20th Apr 2005, 22:59
My favourite car number plates, last seen on a black Porsche in Melbourne.

LXIXER

Think about it.........:hmm:

Cheers, HH.

DirtyPierre
20th Apr 2005, 23:55
HH,

Bet you saw that car outside the "Daily Planet".

Howard Hughes
21st Apr 2005, 01:12
Dirty Pierre,

I dont know what you mean....:O

Cheers, HH.

Angle of Attack
21st Apr 2005, 08:07
I guess lots of people like these personalized plates judging by the numbers of them around these days. Personally the day I have a personalized plate is the day I have unlimited personal flying hours in my own plane. I cant understand why youd waste money on them, just have your normal plate with a fake one above it or something. Having said that I have a complete sh!tbox but these days you start feeling proud of an old car because there is hardly any around these days! 300k and still going baby! :)

Whiskey226
21st Apr 2005, 09:07
mmm... Oh the wit!

Saw an absolute load of cr@p driving around in the territory, more rust than body, wheel alignment out so far it looked like a B52 in a crosswind and blowing just as much smoke. On the mightily crooked, held-on-by-rope-and-tape rear bumper, sat a sticker

"How does it get any better than this?"

Now that just reeks class!

Woomera
21st Apr 2005, 09:19
ROFLMAO :p :}

robroy
21st Apr 2005, 10:17
The number is a normal Qld. plate, 3 numbers & 3 letters.

I bought a new Toyota 3 1/2 years ago & I got a bit of a surprise, when I saw the No. plate, 717 FAQ, I didn't mind the 717 bit, but the "Grievence Committee" wasn't real keen on the, FAA Q,
bit.
After a couple of months after much ribbing, from the guys, I handed the plates in for some new ones.
What did I get,,, 777 GLA, no one ribbed me on that one, although, having never flown a 777, only DC 9's & a few types of Boeing 's that was OK.

I now have 2 personalised plates and 1 for sale on PPQ, I am pretty sure you cannot get the normal plate as a PP.

This guy could have nothing to do with aviation.

Cheers

robroy

Pinky the pilot
21st Apr 2005, 11:24
Angle of Attack; Bet you that you cannot beat my s***box!! A '74 Mod TA 22 Celica with 480,000km on the clock!
On it's third engine, currently a worked twin cam which runs best on avgas; paintwork that looks like it has been driven down between rows of orange trees (surprise surprise!!) and more than a few spots of rust!!
Still goes like hell and I would'nt swap it for anything..........unless it was a 1992 2.5lit 6cyl Twin Turbo Toyota Supra:ok::ok:

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

AerocatS2A
22nd Apr 2005, 11:53
Really guys, who cares? Your reaction to this kind of thing says a lot more about you than it does about the 747-CPT.

If someone is proud of what they do, who the hell are you to say they shouldn't display it?

Could be a gift, could be a joke, could be a coincidence, could be the driver wants to say "look at me", could be he's a ******, who cares, you will never know unless you meet him, he might be the nicest bloke in the world.

robroy
22nd Apr 2005, 12:29
Puddy Cat,

To true, that was what I was alluding to.

If you lot ever found out our 2 Mobile No.'s, that is, The Grievance Committee's" and mine, I would be in for a bit of a razz, I don't mind, at least I have flown them.

Cheers

robroy

DeltaSix
23rd Apr 2005, 09:35
Pinky

with 480,000km on the clock! **** - that's old !!

paintwork that looks like it has been driven down between rows of orange trees (surprise surprise!!) and more than a few spots of rust!!

betcha RTA will not believe the pink slip :}

Let me guess - you're an instructor. You have a typical instructor's car. :}

D6

GoGirl
23rd Apr 2005, 22:49
Gaunty you'd wanna sincerely hope & pray that Mrs G doesn't read these pages :ooh:
Don't be a silly boy and post back that she's not got the smarts to find PPRuNe on the computer, or she might just get annon email telling her how :E: :p

Alas, you crack me up :=

Whiskey226 that is a corker!

GG

Pinky the pilot
24th Apr 2005, 07:54
DeltaSix; Let me guess-you're an instructor. Wrong!!!
Regrettably I'm a full time orange picker and part time pilot. Wish like hell that it was the other way round but.........:mad:
And we don't have regular vehicle inspections here in SA 'though one of the local Coppers shakes his head sometimes when he sees my car!
Robroy; Likewise with my mobile number! (check your pm's)

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

applehead
26th Apr 2005, 00:27
Well this thread was really just supposed to be a bit of fun, but I can report that it was definitely personalised, because it was a slim-line black & white plate on a big black merc, obviously the owner is a complete tosser! applehead's big black merc would never have such a plate stuck to it, gift or not!

:yuk:

Sunfish
26th Apr 2005, 01:03
I've seen TKNOVA. I know an instructor who might like HNDNOVA

SkySista
26th Apr 2005, 08:21
can be coincidence. my sister bought a 4WD (no she is not a school mum nazi, they tow caravans with it) and it's a normal plate, the first 3 letters just happen to be 747.

applehead
27th Apr 2005, 01:11
Dear Skysista,

No, SLIM-LINE plates indicate personalised plates! Idiot! And BTW, no one cares what your 'sista' drives! While you're at it, what does your mum drive, and what are her numberplates?

Padlock time???

:eek:

SkySista
27th Apr 2005, 01:39
Applehead,

I'm not even going to stoop to your level by resorting to insults. The only reason I posted was some earlier commenters didn't think it was possible to end up with '747' purely by chance.

I never said anything about 'personalised plates', so why don't you re-read my comment before you start slinging off at me.

no one cares what your 'sista' drives!

Seeing as YOU were the one who started this thread, you obviously cared enough about what the guy in the Mercedes/BMW/whatever was driving.

I suggest YOU get a life, and if you don't want comments, don't start a :mad: topic on it!!!!

:rolleyes:

Woomera
27th Apr 2005, 01:43
This thread was never actually going anywhere.

click!