PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Champions League Final in Istanbul

runtobarlu
13th Apr 2005, 07:29
Question: Is anybody attending the aforementioned event in a plane spotting capacity. If so, are there any organised tours to allow us to attend the days events at the airports.

P.S anybody willing to take me out there for the day

yours hopefully

NWSRG
14th Apr 2005, 22:35
Don't worry about the planes...just enjoy Liverpool winning European Cup number 5 :O

Byrna
17th Apr 2005, 13:54
Hi runtobarlu,

I haven't lived in Istanbul since I was a kid but as far as I know, the football stadium is not close to the airport. The other thing is that due to the security in Istanbul, I don't know if the authorities will even let you to a plane spotting area near the airport. But I can't say more than this as I don't know the area around Ataturk/Yesilkoy airport.

It is possible to perhaps do spotting from one of the residential apartments near the airport but someone with knowledge of the area will have to post here to help you.

Good luck. As for Liverpool, forget them even having a chance at beating Chelsea or AC Milan - they won't even make it to the Finals!

John

Milan N
18th Apr 2005, 14:26
Russian footballhere (http://www.football-povoljie.narod.ru/)

Danny_R
21st Apr 2005, 23:51
As far Liverpool not being able to beat Chelsea or AC.... that's what people said about Juventus!

Plus some weird links with the last time Liverpool won the cup...

1. Charles gets married
2. Pope dies...

There are a few others too, maybe this could be the year?

Eff Oh
22nd Apr 2005, 09:43
Just a heads up to all you spotters out there. The 2007 UEFA Cup Final has been awarded to Hampden Park, Glasgow. This was for the venue of the 2002 Champions League Final.

Byrna
23rd Apr 2005, 20:23
Hi Danny_R,

Those events are quite amazing really! Well, I'm all for any English team winning the Champions League. But today, Liverpool lost to West Brom! Anyways, don't get me wrong-Chelsea coach Josee Murinho is an --shole so I'd rather Liverpool won.

John

Flightmech
23rd Apr 2005, 23:38
Byrna,
Sorry to be picky but today Liverpool actually lost to Crystal Palace. West Brom went down 4-0 at 'Boro. Anyways, back to the planes:cool:

NWSRG
4th May 2005, 15:35
Istanbul,

Here we come! :O

Liverpool 1 - Chelsea 0

rej
5th May 2005, 19:13
Do you think there will be a surcharge on car and home insurance in Istanbul that week, what with all those Scousers in the vicinity?;) :rolleyes:

Danny_R
12th May 2005, 01:10
I doubt it, it’s usually just ignorant English people who have that view of Liverpool. Just look at US citizens , they love Liverpool… same applies for most on the continent.

I say ignorant, as they obviously don't know the facts, considering Liverpool now has less crime than neighbouring Manchester, any many other UK cities of similar size.

Ronaldsway Radar
16th May 2005, 00:45
Anyone willing to tow a Liverpool FC banner across the skies of Istanbul?? :D
That'd make for grrreat plane spotting eh!!