PDA

View Full Version : Groundschool

quifflegend
12th Apr 2005, 18:32
Hi, is there anyone at Naples at the mo, or that has been recently and can shed some light on the groundschool setup there? just wondering what the quality of tuition was like and the hours of work etc. How much homework was involved. Who they were staying with etc. Any info would be great, cheers

quifflegend
13th Apr 2005, 16:34
come on folks 67 views, surely someone must have been to Naples or is there at the mo

prunster
13th Apr 2005, 17:29
Sorry but i've never been but reckon the school themselves can answer almost all those questions. Try a 'search' for the rest...

quifflegend
13th Apr 2005, 17:37
lol, thanks prunster, obviously i have phoned the school already, but they aren't going to tell me that their course is shoddy now are they.

GusHoneybun
13th Apr 2005, 18:11
Also, an ambiguous title like 'Groundschool' is going to get more hits than 'Naples Groundschool'. Most people are curious, not ignoring you.

prunster
13th Apr 2005, 18:48
Why not?

Q1. Shed light on the groundschool set up - ask the people who run it - the school

Q2. Quality of tuition - ask them what qualifications and background their staff have. What are their success rates...

Q3. Hours of work - has to be answerable by the school

Q4. How much homework - ask the school what is needed on average as different students are going to do varying amounts

Q5. Where are they staying - schools produce lists of recommended accomodation

Even my kid could sort that out in 1 phone call!

NACGS
13th Apr 2005, 21:50
Just PM or email me, I will try and get some current students to contact you. The school is booked out until January next year though, running 2 classes side by side at a time... so that in itself will answer some of your questions. I wont say anything else as this wouldnt be the correct place, so just contact me direct.

Chris

Ninety-Nines
13th Apr 2005, 23:31
Just to add onto Chris's post that all the residential students are currently out of class in their 2 weeks cram leading up to exams.....this is more than likely why you will not hear from any current residential students......they are currently pulling their hair out trying to remember that last morsel of information for the 7 exams that start May 2nd.

Try a search and you will find where some of the current students have posted.

quifflegend
14th Apr 2005, 08:20
Prunster i see from your previous posts that you seem to delight in pulling people down about their questions. Smart arse's like you offer no help to wannabes, some of which may be visiting this site with little knowledge of the aviation industry; but clearly you seem to think your opinion is of some importance. I'm sure your kid could make a phone call to Naples asking the questions you stated, i wonder if you try to disparage them aswell! Anyway, the fact remains that what you have stated is the obvious thing to do in the first place. The topic was only posted to gather more information about the schools from people who have been there recently, rather than months ago as i understand things change and naples are still ironing some cracks out of their groundschool notes. If you can offer no friendly advice, then please keep your ridiculous belittling comments to yourself.

prunster
14th Apr 2005, 16:29
You're quite right dear boy, so I'll get my coat.