PDA

View Full Version : FTE and staying current

peterpann
9th Apr 2005, 10:58
A couple of months ago I applied to CTC but didn’t get through stage two(compass tests) however apparently according to their feedback I had only just missed the grade and they have invited me back in a couple of months………

In the mean time I have looked for other ways through and have found flight training europe (FTE) as a possible contender. They have allowed me on to their integrated course on the basis of my CTC results, so the question is……………

If I take FTE’s offer and get a 60k loan (parents will add security but I have a job that I can fall back on that pays really well and gives me a car etc…) do the training and pass, a job isn’t going to be handed to me on a plate…… so it will possibly be back to old job but how many hours and in what aircraft do I need to stay current?

Also if there is anyone in the northwest of England (liv/manc) who has got a Professional studies loand from HSBC….. what branch did you get it from?

Think that’s but if anyone has other advice it’s appreciated

PPP

BrakesOff
9th Apr 2005, 11:55
They have allowed me on to their integrated course on the basis of my CTC results, so the question is……………

peterpann please do not make the mistake of thinking you have been allowed on to the course at FTE. You chose them not the other way around.

Its a good school with a good name among the airlines and good facilities but this B.S. circulating the industry about been selected by an integrated school and having the honour of forking out £60k is lunacy.

Lots of people return to their old job after training or get a temporary aviation related job in an Operations area. This is where you can make some great contacts and learn a lot.

Have a look at the following thread for info on HSBC Funding (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=163109&highlight=hsbc)
or contact the branch in Oxford has they seem to be familiar with ATPL funding.

Whatever you decide, I wish you all the best with it:)

silverknapper
9th Apr 2005, 15:28
I went to HSBC in chester. Was the first one the person I dealt with had done for flying training. As a result it was bumpy but that should be smoothed now hopefully.
Agree with brakes off. I had been all set to go to jerez when all this aptitude testing crap came in. Around the same time as a cost increase too! I didn't like their attitude on the whole thing. It was a toss up between them and a modular route, but that tipped the balance. No regrets now. You're the customer so don't feel honoured that they are lightening your wallet.