PDA

View Full Version : Can't copy photos to CD!

willby
8th Apr 2005, 14:36
Hi,
Am running XP home and cant move/copy photos from hard disk to blank cd either by windows explorer (drag/drop) or via Nero or Roxy 5. I get a message that my D: drive (DVD ROM) or my E: drive (DVD RW) is nor recognised when I try drag/drop or Insert disk ( which is already inserted) when I use Nero/Roxy.
I have no difficulty using Nero to copy dvd's etc. Any help/suggestions appreciated.
Regards
Willby

spannersatcx
8th Apr 2005, 15:37
Have you installed incd? InCD is packet writing software which is what you need to be able to do drag and drop. InCD comes with nero, but I think it is a seperate instalation!

Also if you have installed incd and have xp sp2 then have a look here (http://www.nero.com/en/Support_News_SP2_Packet_Writing_Problems.html)

willby
10th Apr 2005, 14:58
Hi Spannersatcx,
Sorry for the delay in acknowledging your assistance. I downloaded INcd as you suggested. I first of all had to delete Roxio before it would install but I eventually got it up and running. I haven't been able to use it yet though as it will only work with RW discs and I have none to hand. However, I am optimistic that all will be well when I get the RW discs as it is recognising my drives and that was my original problem. Thanks again.
Regards
Willby

F4Fan
13th Apr 2005, 10:19
Hi

Is the CD formatted??

You CD Burner sosftware should format the CD whist loading the files.

you cant dragand Drop to a CD, you must copy them using burner software.

willby
13th Apr 2005, 15:33
Hi F4fan,
Since I downloaded INCD an add on for Nero I have been able to send my photos from windows explorer direcly to cd/dvd ( they have to be RW discs however). As you suggested Incd formats the disc first.
Regards
Willby