PDA

View Full Version : LEBL Cross Runway Configuration (again)

None
8th Apr 2005, 00:04
Hablo solo un poco espanol.....

Pregunta,

Que Paso esta manana (7 Avril 05)? 30 minutos esperando despegue es demasiado (en mi opinion).

Better for me to ask in english. I realize this subject has come up in the past.

All who departed this morning on 20 (around 10-1100) had to wait 25-35 minutes. At one point an Iberia pilot asked what the problem was. Tower responded it was due to the cross configuration. Just as tower continued to expand on the particulars, a call from the cabin interfered, and I did not hear the transmission enough to be able to translate what tower said.

So, any ideas?

They would not let any departures off 20 when a 25R arrival was inside approximately 3 miles. That appears excessively conservative to me, and from the sound of it to all the others waiting in cue this morning.

I await being educated on BCN ATC...

scarebus03
9th Apr 2005, 05:57
Hola!

Been working in BCN for a long time and still dont know the thinking behind ATC. However I did hear a story of a Tupolev landing on the taxiway around the same time.................!

aventurero
3rd May 2005, 08:21
ATC in Spain is diferent... but specially in Bcn. And the tupolev story is a real fact, a touch and go in T taxiway... The only way to solve this ""Discontrol"" is an accident. May be the 02 non precision aprox. with 4 diferents ILS options in the airport is the best way to land from 23:00lt. Watch out folks, and extreme caution whit this controlers.

None
4th May 2005, 23:22
Hoy, el 4 de Mayo, fue mucho mejor. Es posible que depende de quien esta trabajando.

Today was much better...same VFR weather, same cross-configuration, but a controller who was very good. Maybe it is not the airport as much as the comfort level of the individual controller.

crisidebrian
5th May 2005, 12:51
Anyway, the new RWY configuration at BCN is a chaos. They had many enviromental problems with the new RWY options (natural reserves nearby, noise, etc.), but what they've got so far is b......t. This is not the usual way people works in the Barcelona area, but AENA (spanish airports authority) has its own particular way... that nobody but them understands.

Cheers