PDA

View Full Version : Navy Fun

Razor61
7th Apr 2005, 01:45
Click the link below to see quite a fun video of what the USN gets up to onboard and in the air........

Big Boys Again (http://www.big-boys.com/articles/theairforcefun.html)

effortless
7th Apr 2005, 08:46
Ah the things that you can achieve with a budget.
:(

Bismark
7th Apr 2005, 09:06
What more is there to say but......

FLY NAVY!

soddim
7th Apr 2005, 09:33
Are those boats still dry?

chrisburden21
7th Apr 2005, 10:06
Missed that one first time round. Great Spot.

Jucky
7th Apr 2005, 10:24
FLY NAVY! EAT CRAB!:E :E :E

AllTrimDoubt
7th Apr 2005, 11:47
Mmmm...the one I met in the FI a few years ago was particularly tasty!

;)

althenick
7th Apr 2005, 13:13
Ok so fun is fun etc....

BUT

I wonder how much hoo-haa would come to wreek hell and futy over FAA/ RAF if they started fannying around with the gov'ts defence assets like this?

Si Clik
7th Apr 2005, 14:30
Guess the less knowledgeable out there have yet to see the FAA videos that are out there then.

All have music track and show video of people just doing there job........WELL.

:hmm:

althenick
7th Apr 2005, 14:42
Si Clik,

Are you refering to those vids on the RN webby? - if so then i'd describe them as people being shown doing there jobs well (Oh - you just said that) :ok: Not a bunch of bl00dy Ya-Hooo Cowboys playing silly bu99ers with the US Tax-Payers defence (Defense? - They can't spell either) investment.

Do Brit pilots really Hand-jive or Drink cans of goffer while the A/C is inverted.

I hope not :ugh:

Bismark
7th Apr 2005, 15:18
I remember many years ago off Gib, our warship being buzzed by a couple of 12 Sqn Buccs. The CO of the ship was so impressed with these a/c flying below bridge height (ie below 35 ft) that he called them on the radio and said he would send a signal to their CO congratulating them on their superb flying skills (assuming the reaction would be the same as in the FAA). The pilots pleaded with him not to as their C..b boss would probably Court Martial them.

So I guess the C..s don't do fun videos - according to Si Clik the FAA still do - good on them.

Fly safely - but with style - FLY NAVY!

Bob Viking
7th Apr 2005, 15:20
The c...s definitely still do fun videos. We're just very careful who we show them to!:ok:

engineer(retard)
7th Apr 2005, 15:30
Bismark

It might have been the same trip where they passed the governors residence during a dinner party, about window height. It's possible that you might have just found a sensitive time.

Retard

SmilingKnifed
7th Apr 2005, 16:32
I thought Navy Fun involved a golden rivet. :E

FJJP
7th Apr 2005, 17:01
2 Canberras, close echelon [not allowed], 30ft, warp factor oh sh*t across the road at Gib. Sitting at the barrier, AOGib (Johnny Pack) and the then CO of Wyton (pipe-smoking SB)...

AOGib glances at SB and says 'good to see there is some spirit left in the bloody Air Force, then'!

Nothing was said: not rockets, no new rules, no quiet words. Just the recognition that there were 2 guys having a bit of professional fun. Ah, to bring back those days...