PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian Aviation College

andy_13
6th Apr 2005, 20:47
hi

has anyone here trained at the norwegian avition college (NAC)?
i am thinking of applying there for the Proffessional Pilot Training course and was wondering if anyone has any comments on the course and college.

do they have many interntional students, im from the UK but want to move to norway.

also how easy is it to get onto the course, on the website they make it sound very hard to get on?

thaks for any comments.

Upper Medium
7th Apr 2005, 21:23
Hello Andy_13

Norwegian Aviation College is a good place to do your ab-initio training if you can afford it. The school is a serious outfit with good instructors and a fleet of aircraft which suits their operation in northern Norway well. The ATPL theory syllabus is also extensively covered and the students are well prepared for the exams.

There are students from Australia, Denmark, Italy and Sweden but the main group of students are norwegians.

Please bear in mind that the school is situated in Bardufoss, a small place in northern Norway which is dominated by military presence. It's a long way back to civilization :E
Also consider the fact that Norway is an expensive country to live in, so plan for contingency when setting up a budget, then add some more and you will probably get an idea of how much you have to fork out.

If you have any questions you can give them a call during office hours - or PM me. Just remember that here are no such thing as objective views or answers in this business...

Regards
Upper Medium

andy_13
8th Apr 2005, 11:28
thanks for the feedback

do you know if the professional development loan offered by HSBC would apply if i did my training in Norway?

Jinkster
10th Apr 2005, 10:11
I understand there is an Aviation College in south Norway too around the Oslo area!

Jinkster