PDA

View Full Version : BOAG Air - New Start, Belgium

Freebird17
6th Apr 2005, 19:32
BOAG Air - apparently a new start out of Ostend and Brussels using B747-200F. Advertising for crews at the moment. Anyone know anything about them?

VIKING9
6th Apr 2005, 19:37
So what does BOAG stand for then ?

I know what BOAC stood for.......
Better
On
A
Camel
:ok:

Bob Down
7th Apr 2005, 07:49
This 'start up' plan was around a couple of years ago.

South African investors, using a Belgian Consultancy to 'sort things out'.

Thought it had died a death, though be interested to see what happens.

BD

ALLDAYDELI
7th Apr 2005, 10:20
Oh yeah, who's aircraft??

recceguy
7th Apr 2005, 15:49
Once again considering recruiting crew before they have the aircraft and the AOC - so with crew listed maybe their file will go forward before the administration ?
A couple of similar ventures appeared those past three years in Europe - usually in Italy (and always planning to fly BAE 146 or B747-200 ...)
Good luck anyway, maybe it could proceed on.

Frt-Door
7th Apr 2005, 16:29
They already have 2 B747-200F.
One from Kallitta and the other from unknown source.

Last I heared they were offering l/m euro 2000 + per Diem.:cool:

Hangin' on
8th Apr 2005, 07:01
Yes, but what is the PAY like.........?:p

ALLDAYDELI
8th Apr 2005, 08:33
Frt Door.. the ex-Kalitta machine - that wouldnt be the one that has been operating for Air Bangladesh/AFX3 S2-ADT. That one is ex-CKS.

horst263
25th Apr 2005, 18:38
Is there anyone with any more news from BOAG?

I heard the first flight (to Johannesburg) was planned for this week. Maybe someone knows a bit more about this?

Around 70 ab initio's are being called for interviews in about 2-3 weeks....At least 12 will be offered a job.

So, big plans!!??

Anyway, good news for lots of wannabees like me.....!

fesmokie
25th Apr 2005, 23:10
Anyone know if this is Sandy Boag from S. Africa ?

ALLDAYDELI
26th Apr 2005, 12:18
Word on the street (in Frankfurt) says that Orex might have something to do with this as well.

dionysius
26th Apr 2005, 14:54
Some interviews were last wednesday

tetebolete
27th Apr 2005, 14:41
could you tell us about those interviews?
do we have (low timers) any options?
thank you for any info you may add!
cheers

TheFlyingDJ
27th Apr 2005, 21:48
I'm brushing up on ATPL subjects at the moment, as I am waiting for another email with date and time for tests at Boag.

Interviews last week? Sure like to know a bit more about it :)

Makanakis
28th Apr 2005, 10:04
TEtebolete check your PM´s

Lil' Pilot
28th Apr 2005, 10:32
Did BOAG started their operations yet? I heard they intended to start this week. Until now I haven't heard anything, wha't's the status?

tetebolete
29th Apr 2005, 08:35
hi
has anyone any kind of info about the exams or interviews?
kind of questions or stuff like that..!
would be helpful..
thanks

ever_flying
29th Apr 2005, 17:45
Around 70 ab initio's are being called for interviews in about 2-3 weeks....At least 12 will be offered a job.

Did any "ab-initio" receive a notification of an interview?

MD12
29th Apr 2005, 18:04
The answer is yes.

Does anybody know if they finally started-up operations?

Brgds

MD12

loulou
3rd May 2005, 11:15
From what i saw,

interviews are starting on the 14th of may

http://www.luchtzak.be/posts9767-start20.html

luchtzak
7th May 2005, 09:17
Looks like this month Boag Air will have its first flight:

http://www.luchtzak.com/postp90520.html#90520

Not confirmed though...

dionysius
7th May 2005, 17:29
Thats a lot of fresh produce into Ostend, anyone got any info on who they are operating for ??

EXCIN
13th May 2005, 07:01
Recruitment is done by a Belgian flying school, White Wings Europe. More info you can find on : http://www.whitewingseurope.be/wwe/uk/jobs_boag.asp

Their website is still under construction but can be found on http://www.boagair.com

ALLDAYDELI
13th May 2005, 20:04
Ostend airport know nothing about the start up date, they have no traffic rights yet..
Aircraft is S2-ADT as was or in whatever guise, ex-CKS machine.

Ostend airport know nothing about the start date. No t/rights approved as yet there! It is S2_ADT or whatever guise it is under these days, ex-CKS.

horst263
15th May 2005, 20:48
I've found this site (in dutch)

http://www.wiloo.be/boag_beap_tales.htm

Again S2-ADT is mentioned.....

Engineer
15th May 2005, 21:18
So is this company AFX (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=153192&highlight=s2adt) reincarnated :p

ChiefT
19th May 2005, 10:35
Is a Luke Butler involved? The aircraft was used by Global Air in Australia, the guy ios presently in Ghana busy, but will be throwed out soon!

Jes
20th May 2005, 07:33
S2-ADT is still at Manston. It has been sold, but parking fees are racking up fast: the new owner will have to pay a ransom.

MD12
23rd May 2005, 10:42
News from WWE/BOAG?

Engineer
23rd May 2005, 14:54
and the news is !! it is another sh!t airline that you will be wasting your breath on :O

3MTA3
24th May 2005, 06:50
Like Ocean Airlines? can't be worse that tat :\

dionysius
3rd Jun 2005, 09:44
(looks like this month Boag Air will have its first flight:

http://www.luchtzak.com/postp90520.html#90520

Not confirmed though...)

Still no sign on the horizon and its gone very quiet, anyone got any updates ??

:ugh: :confused:

Engineer
3rd Jun 2005, 10:40
Look here (http://www.luchtzak.be/postxf9767-0-80.html) and a different story unfolds.The Ostend Airport Authorities are very cautious and expect flights in July.

The BCAA ( Belgian Civil Aviation Authorities) aren t aware of anything.
( so no info yet to BCAA about BOAG ??).

(according to the mentioned article)

MD12
4th Jun 2005, 00:37
Now inviting low-timers to the second stage.

Good luck to all of you.

flugpants
22nd Jun 2005, 16:06
Has anyone heard any more about BOAG?
Does anyone know anyone that works for them?
I sent a message on their info address........not a word back!!

See the Kallitta B742 in and out of here nearly every day.....no sign of any others though!

Is this a BOAGus carrier?????

I hope not!:ok:

papazulu
23rd Jun 2005, 20:15
I feel shame to ask...

Does anyone know what the term of the deal are? TRSS? Pay-for-fly? Training bond? Any differences between No-TR cadets and experieced pilots?

Best things

PZ :ok:

Stratocaster
24th Jun 2005, 18:00
Flugpants,
Since you appear to be the only soul on this forum to have witnessed Boag's B747-200 fly, did you have the opportunity to note the registration ? Still S2-something ?

What's the ICAO code of the airport where you saw it ?

Thanks !

josephshankes
25th Jun 2005, 16:19
I find the attitude of the selection company a little strange, to say the least.

On the application form it is stated, postal applications only, or words to that effect.

No email address and "registed" post will not be accepted. Do they not have computers? They have a little more faith in the Belgiun mail system than I do. Maybe they are under the impression they will have more replies than they can handle.

I sent in an application and have not had a reply and I am rated on the A/C with a EC licence.

Maybe the above is a possible reflection of the operation they intend to run.

viking207
25th Jun 2005, 23:40
Hi

I applied to them and went to the first examination, and I got an email saying I passed it and they want me to come back for an interview.
I know a lot of things can go wrong but if they don’t, it’s a really good opportunity for a low timer like my self to get started.

josephshankes
I have sent a lot of email CV’s and never got a reply on most of them. On the other hand I have received an answer on almost every one of my snail mail applications.:ok:

If it’s a good company to work for or not, time will tell, but they do not ask for money unlike most. And the day I have to pay for TR (and that day may come:yuk: ) I will feel like an idiot for a long time. So for me its chance to fly and feel right without having to hide behind lines like “supply and demand” and “free market”.

Regards
Viking

Atlanta-Driver
27th Jun 2005, 02:26
Listen Kids. Don't be too hasty to think that everything with BOAG is kosher and it will happen. Only about 2 out of 10 start-up companies actually end up starting and 1 will survive until the second year.
There is a saying in "If it sound too good to be true it probably is too good to be true"

Ole Luke Butler has a long track record of failed companies and screwed people left in his wake. If he is involved I cannot honestly give this enterprise a fighting chance.

AD

theWings
4th Jul 2005, 15:45
Wasn't this the application form that wanted to know your family members' names? Spouse/kids names & dates of birth? Hmmm... That's the point at which I laid down my pen. I kept reading though and found this at the bottom of the page, just above your signature:

"I give my consent for White Wings Europe to use this information and all subsequent information provided for recruitment related purposes."

Some people will always try to take the p1ss. Bonafide or not, it isn't a good sign is it?

the Wings

JJflyer
16th Jul 2005, 09:00
So when's the start date?

JJ

Stratocaster
29th Jul 2005, 11:15
Luke Butler is probably too busy with the Ghanaian cops running after him near the border.
:}

Anyway the roots of Boag Air are in SA, the Belgian flight school only provides consultancy and does the pilot selection. I can't believe Boag has been paying the salaries of all the type-rated guys since they hired them (when was it again, May ?). The flight ops have not even started yet and it's gone so quiet. Which means either...
a) Boag digs further into the bank account to keep the type-rated pilots; or
b) the type-rated pilots leave for greener pastures.

So bad planning, bad luck or both ?
:hmm:

Seaman Staines
12th Aug 2005, 10:50
As said earlier, if Luke Norman Butler is linked in any way to BOAG it would be the kiss of death for ANY startup airline.

What is the history of the 747 at Manston pls?

I thought Flukey only had the (one) 747 Shorty hangered and cannibalised in Jakarta!

thayrd
12th Aug 2005, 12:55
for the history of the plane go to

www.langdonassetmanagement.com

trainer too 2
29th Aug 2005, 18:32
Any updates about this dream supported by the other dream BEAP....

:rolleyes:

MD12
29th Aug 2005, 18:36
Hope this is just a delay, not a cancellation.

I´m also waiting for news. In the meantime, good luck to all of you.

Regards,

MD

thayrd
21st Sep 2005, 19:59
For the latest info regarding this supposed set up go to www.wiloo.be.boag_en_andere_peptalk.htm

TheFlyingDJ
22nd Sep 2005, 09:19
I thought so. Waste of time (afterall).
For the non dutch readers: selection process has been stopped.:mad:

ChiefT
22nd Sep 2005, 12:08
The link works better with this URL:

http://www.wiloo.be/boag_en_andere_peptalk.htm