PDA

View Full Version : Seems Cathay Pacific is have problems retaining Check and Training Pilots.

Turbo Beaver
5th Apr 2005, 22:10
Interesting update from the GMA recently, concerning C&T Lifestyle Issues.

Firstly Phil, I did not leave because I felt the workload was beyond what I was willing to shoulder and as a matter of fact, I am also keen to see the airline move forward.

Nice for the ranks of C&T to be offered extensions. Shame that some former members were not offered the same treatment.

North American based pilots please do not be beguiled by the department, as without a doubt, you will set the precedent by which all C&T members will become paid.

So, the company screws things up over manning levels and proper treatment of the C&T department and courses get cancelled. Airline Planning still want the plan to go ahead, so the line crews will just have to work harder.

Less Flight Consolidation training you say. Interesting, as most of my peers in the C&T department seem to think that more is the order of the day.

Joker leave for STC and BTC seems like a nice carrot but could you please explain how friends on another fleet will be able to ever secure Christmas leave, when this year, there were only two slots available? I presume that as usual, you have resorted to this naming protocol yet again because it is exactly that, a joke.

Hearty congratulations on achieving your aim with temporary bases.

Why exactly are C&T members who commute more important than others?

Reserve duty for STC and BTC being disallowed, is simply returning what you took away before.

Why exactly are C&T members more important to others, when it comes to days off around leave?

A month free from duties is again, something you took away from us a while back, which you never honoured anyway. As you ask, no we do not understand why you cannot do this today.

Phil, this is a typical FOPS reaction to problems of their own making, with the minimum of expense to the company and maximum expense to the line crews. You even infer that members who have left the ranks of C&T have compounded the problem, which might be true but just why do you think they left?

All very tempting for new and not so new C&T types but just how does seniority fit with this plan?

cpdude
6th Apr 2005, 21:49
Too little too late...so much for the expansion!:uhoh:

jtr
19th Apr 2005, 16:30
ahhh...... leaves your tongue like the fresh scented minty taste lamb on the rack.

christn
19th Apr 2005, 16:35
errrr!!, Say again!!!