PDA

View Full Version : Warbirds over Dallas

Onan the Clumsy
5th Apr 2005, 16:19
I was driving home last night when I heard a loud rumbling sound. I looked up and saw a B17 fly East over my head :ok: probably from Love.

As I neared my house, I saw an unusual sillouette in the sky ans as it got closer, it resolved into a B24. It was an earlier model with the greenhouse nose, no front turret and a diagonal stripe on the fin.

The Fortress was OD with red on the tail, a bit like Texas Raider. I think it was a G.

I didn't see the Liberator any more, but the B17 went over my house two or three more times. I've seen Aluminum Overcast and a silver B24 giving rides out of Addison, so I'm assuming this was something similar, but I haven't found any references to it.

Anyone know anything?

PaperTiger
5th Apr 2005, 16:30
Collings Foundation tour. Schedule here (http://www.collingsfoundation.org/cf_schedule-wof.htm).

Onan the Clumsy
5th Apr 2005, 16:59
That'd be it. Thx

Jhieminga
6th Apr 2005, 07:16
It was an earlier model with the greenhouse nose, no front turret and a diagonal stripe on the fin.
The Collins' Foundation B-24 is now in a dark green colour scheme, with diagonal stripe on the tail, so there's no doubt about the identity. This aircraft does have a nose turret however!:}