PDA

View Full Version : Information on getting into RAF

me_chambers
4th Apr 2005, 22:49
I am not sure where this is supposed to go but here goes.

I have applied for the UAS twice, first time i didnt get an interview, second time i failed on the aptitude test.

I still want to join the raf however. If i apply directly in my third year will failing to get into the UAS hinder my chances. My aptitude score was not v good as it was my first time and didnt know what to expect.

I am 19 going on 20 and still want to get into the raf but cant get into the UAS in my final year so have to apply directly. Is there anything you recommend i should do to improve my chances at getting a place in the RAF

Thanks for your advice its much appreciated

UberPilot
5th Apr 2005, 09:05
Firstly, I assume you want Pilot, yes?

Having been on a UAS for 2 years and been for selection last year I can say that filter interview for attending OASC is pretty similar to that for UAS selection. It does, however, get much more competitive at OASC.

Regarding aptitudes, with the extremely fierce competition (to quote OASC) for aircrew slots, this means that a 'pass' is no longer sufficient. It has been sugested that a realistic figure to be competitive is something circa 150-160. However, there are many other factors.

I would suggest that you look at why you were unsuccessful at getting a UAS slot since as I stated eralier, UAS selection is a mini version of the full OASC procedure.