PDA

View Full Version : CPL Licence Issue

naughtybutnice6792
4th Apr 2005, 19:14
Hi guys n gals!

Just a quick question .........

I am just coming to the end of my hour building to enable me to start my CPL - i.e: 100 hrs P1 and 150 TT. (this includes my PPL and night rating.)

I believe the CPL course is approx 25 hours then 2 hours for the test + any extra that you may need(give or take a few). This would take me to about 175 hours; however you need 200 hrs for licence issue. I will be going straight on (near enough) to do the MEP and IR. Can I just use these hours to get me up to the 200 needed for issue?? And if so, do I have a certain amount of time after the skills test to apply for the licence?

Thankyou for any help!

CAT3C AUTOLAND
4th Apr 2005, 20:28
Naughty,

Yes and yes :D.

Firstly there is no problem with logging the hours towards licence issue, as long as you hold the pre-requisite requirements, which it appears you have. Also make sure you have the night qualification and have completed your 300nm cross country flight. If my memory serves me correctly, if you don't hold a night rating then you must do the 5 additional hours night instruction for the issue of your CPL.

With respect to the time limit, as per LASORS you have 12 months from the date you pass your CPL skill test to get your licence issued, which should be no problem if you go staright onto the IR. In fact, if you wait until you have your MEP test and IRT done, and get the whole lot issued together i.e. CPL MEP class rating and IR, it will save you about £250, or 50 minutes in a PA34 Seneca :D.

Enjoy it, its a good course.