PDA

View Full Version : Review of IOT

chrisburden21
4th Apr 2005, 15:58
"Tomorrow's Officer" willing to take risks!!
http://www.leadership-studies.com/documents/leadership-refrains.pdf (Pages 15-18)

16 blades
4th Apr 2005, 16:31
So this is the kind of thing those in academia waste their time (and our money) doing? What a load of bollocks! I'd be interested to take a 'w@nk word' count from that document, but I can't be arsed.

Perhaps their next study will be entitled "A focussed effects-based needs-orientated triangulation of the defecatory habits of woodland-based bears"

16B

engineer(retard)
4th Apr 2005, 19:23
16B

Are you sure this was academia?

The attributable workstreams included:

" Narratives, stories and cases"

"Learning through play"

Sounds more like nursery to me.

Retard

Stan Bydike
4th Apr 2005, 19:35
Interesting how a lot of the papers submitted equate leadership with management.

To me that has always been a contradiction in terms where, nowadays we have too much network centric air power management, and not enough leadership:E

AllTrimDoubt
4th Apr 2005, 23:22
Words fail m......

MovinWings
5th Apr 2005, 00:30
Sadly, Exactly this style of material is in common use in the present RAF training system. Pity.

'Can't move a Pine Pole' without a hard hat & Goggles...... Oh Dear......

MW

mystic_meg
5th Apr 2005, 00:43
and that many graduates had an inability to relate to other ranks in general and SNCOs and WOs in particular.

....'nuff said, methinks...:mad:

Red Line Entry
5th Apr 2005, 13:31
I like the fact they include Sun Tzu and "The Art of War" in the References.

Always worth putting that or a bit of Clausewitz in - makes you look erudite!

DSAT Man
6th Apr 2005, 16:09
I say give the new course a chance. It can't be any worse than the 'amateur psychologist, assess rather than train' bollocks I endured in the mid-eighties.