PDA

View Full Version : Qantas reference checks

JAYTO
4th Apr 2005, 05:33
Question,

I did my sim and interview about two years ago and was told not competitive enough but may be in the future, try again in a year. This time last year applied to have my file re-examined and was told the same thing again...try again in one year. Applied to have my file re-examined last month and today got a phone call saying that I was being reference checked. Does this now mean that I have passed the sim and interview or may I have to do them again from this point. Can any one tell me whether they or some one they know has got to this point only to then have to sit the sim and or panel interview again.
Many thanks.

DirectAnywhere
4th Apr 2005, 05:54
When recruitment slowed a couple of years ago, for argument's sake, they may have only needed 24 pilots in 12 months and you came in say 30th on the list according to their ranking process - hence, not competitive at the time.

Recruitment has been going gangbusters since late last year and they may have come far enough down the list that your initial sim and interview scores may now be at the level they're looking at.

Either way, it can't be a bad thing!! Good luck.
:)