PDA

View Full Version : TV Tuner card

Tosh McCaber
3rd Apr 2005, 17:39
I'm looking for recommendations for a good TV tuner card that they you have been satisfied with? How many bells and whistles do I need?

I don't want to spend over the top, but I want to make sure that I've got something up to date, that I won't be replacing next year.

Thanks in advance.

goates
3rd Apr 2005, 19:12
I have an ATI TV Wonder Pro with Remote, but I got it because it was cheap. The Hauppage series are very popular and are good quality. Unless you have HDTV in your area, you only need a standard analog tuner. I'm not sure if all cards work in all regions though, so make it works with PAL or NTSC as appropriate.

goates

Background Noise
4th Apr 2005, 05:44
If you are talking about a desktop/internal card I can recommend (from experience) hauppauge's cards both analogue and digital. Digi one gets all freeview channels and allows HD recording in dig quality and is easy to use/install etc.

Just got an Artec T1 for a laptop. Good picture but poor software and having difficulty updating it.

BigEndBob
6th Apr 2005, 19:12
Avoid Pinnacle, i've had one for 4 years, pctv rave. Normally works ok tv mode but record keeps getting sound sync. problems, but see their forums on their site for common problems.