PDA

View Full Version : GWA...new life?

maxgrad
2nd Apr 2005, 13:59
Heard on the grapevine the other day that GWA might be at the starters line once more.
Can anyone confirm?

Grog Frog
3rd Apr 2005, 03:08
Be a bit like going back to an ex-wife

topend3
4th Apr 2005, 09:30
I loved their Perth-Newman-Halls Creek RPT run, real winner that!!!:rolleyes:

WORKISUPNORTH
4th Apr 2005, 10:22
How bad was it?:confused:

Ex FSO GRIFFO
5th Apr 2005, 14:45
I thought it was the late Jan Beers of Jan Beers Aviation who ran the Halls Ck - Newman - Perth - return in a Be58 Baron.
I understood it was 'established' so that he could change aircraft / crews - and carry pass. / freight to minimise losses on flight...

Mind you, 'twas a while ago...like about '83 - '85 when I was stationed in Derby FSU...

Please feel free to correct me...

Did GWA take it on later?? And can you pls advise acft type used?
I do remember GWA, but for charters ex Perth.

Cheers:ok: :ok:

HEALY
6th Apr 2005, 00:11
GWA used a Beech 1900. Problems occured when their second B1900 and Navajo went to S.A. leaving SFA to cover breakdowns with the PH based acft.

V1650
6th Apr 2005, 11:37
GWAs problems have been around for years and they finally caught up with them,ie losing contracts, pilots and the treatment of staff and business partners.

I just hope that previous employees get every cent in the dollar they are owed.

topend3
6th Apr 2005, 17:02
correct HEALY they used the 1900 on the halls creek-newman-perth route, and what a route, you see it's all about hub-bypassing, point-to-point and all that, convenience for the long forgotten halls creek travelling public...

gaunty
7th Apr 2005, 01:35
Yeah right! popn 1287.:p

maxgrad
7th Apr 2005, 02:01
Didn't know that that was the situation.
If the scuttlebutt is true, any hope for the new lot to bring it back?

Richo
9th Apr 2005, 06:00
I can't say anything about the vaibility of GWA but there is some work there for thr the 19 seat aircraft market.

GWA went bust and Pearl Av closed the Perth base in the same week. That took the two available 19 seat charter aircraft out of Perth. Both of these aircraft had a moderate workload with both company work and cross hire on several days of the week.

I have heard that one of the B1900 was owned by a Perth local (ex) operator and that he was looking to get it running again. I belive that Adastral was mentioned, as they have B1900 on thier AOC. This would help the other operators with a spare 19 seat aircraft.

There is also a new start up at Perth with a 601, c208 and several choppers. I did hear a rumour that they were considering a 19 seater as well to fill this market and have a try for work of thier own.

Richo

Transition Layer
9th Apr 2005, 07:19
Yeah right! popn 1287

Hah! On a good day, maybe when the rodeo or races are on, or if the plethora of Old Folks in their caravans all broke down and got stuck in town on the same day!

From what i believe, the Halls Creek-Newman-Perth run was for a mining changeover. Anything else they picked up was just a bonus.

TL