PDA

View Full Version : Bristol - Phase 2 - Performance

icepilot
1st Apr 2005, 13:53
How well does the Bristol bank represent these subjects?

Air law,
Operational procedures,
General navigation,
Radio navigation,
Planning and monitoring,
PERFORMANCE,
Mass & balance

Anyone ??? :D

Also I´ve heard of some huge number of people failing the Performance exam last two months, why ??? I thought performance should be one of the easiest subjects.

mwl
1st Apr 2005, 14:19
I'd say Bristol GS questions closely represent the real thing. If a student religiously work on the practice questions, (s)he could easily spot 'new' questions in the real exams. You've seen 99% of the questions before and the new ones just stick out like a sore thumb

Those statistics are not particularly reliable....2 bad months for Performance is probably just fluke...but if a 3rd bad month comes up, maybe the CAA is actaully doing something about it.

Otherwise, if you simply keep doing practice questions, I think you'd be alright.

Gangi þér vel!

tom24
1st Apr 2005, 15:42
In the Feb exam they threw a lot of graph questions in, 2 or 3 more than usual and I think it just threw a lot of people out - me included, though I did manage to scrape it.

As MWL says, keep going over the questions again and again (regardless of what a lot of people on here say, its a method that'll pass the exams) and you will definitely see them in the exam and you won't have a problem.

duir
1st Apr 2005, 18:34
Fantasticly well I would say, they managed an 88% for me in Perf and I am crap at exams. The mixture of the brush up feedback and the online database proved an excellent combination(along with super instruction and notes) . In fact some exact questions cropped up in the exam which was nice.

Nereus
1st Apr 2005, 18:52
The brush up and feedback very closely replicate what you will be required to do in the exam room, for all the subjects you've listed.

Feb perf was a bugger, think the averages were even lower for other schools than for Bristol, but I still reckon we'd seen similar questions before, Cheers Colin.