PDA

View Full Version : To go with your new rucksack......

StopStart
31st Mar 2005, 20:47
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you.......

The RAF shoe.

http://rafmuseum.org/london/eurofighter-trainers/images/advert.jpg

More here! (http://rafmuseum.org/london/eurofighter-trainers/index.cfm)

Better hurry! These'll be flying out the door!!

Apparently they're inspired by the "world's most capable and dynamic swing-role combat aircraft, the Typhoon". Guess that means you can order them now and get them in the back end of 2012? And even then the laces'll break....

:hmm:

PPRuNe Radar
31st Mar 2005, 21:05
Where you been Top Tart ?? The sandpit ?? :)

Typhoon Trainers (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=167372)

jindabyne
31st Mar 2005, 21:11
Just not quick (and polite) enough Mr Moderator ------

PPRuNe Radar
31st Mar 2005, 21:29
Oh I don't know ..... ;)

The TARDIS is a wonderful machine :E

StopStart
31st Mar 2005, 21:34
Yes...erm...well.....I knew that really. It was just to make sure you were paying attention...which you were, so well done.

:{

16 blades
31st Mar 2005, 21:37
At least the MoD isn't wasting millions issuing us all with a personal pair........

16B

Wholigan
31st Mar 2005, 22:16
They will! .;)

cyrus
31st Mar 2005, 22:33
Bet trainers tranche 3 will not be bought.

L1A2 discharged
1st Apr 2005, 00:34
Tranche 3 trainers are at a consultative design stage. There is a perceived need to have an ability to cross rivers and climb mountains whilst wearing the trainer, therefore a new role office is being established at the DPA. This will be headed by a 3* with full budgetary authorization.

They will then take 16 years to be redesigned, by which time the rivers will have dried up and the mountains tumbled into streams.

PPRuNeUser0139
1st Apr 2005, 05:56
... and the initial issue will be fitted for but not with shoelaces.

Pontius Navigator
1st Apr 2005, 06:05
But is it machine washable?

Can we have it in DPM please - urban, desert and jungle as well as the Arctic version?

JessTheDog
1st Apr 2005, 07:54
This thread was started on March 31 - a day too early, surely?

Just for clarification: is it true that the left sole is made in Germany, the right sole in Spain, the uppers in Britain and the laces in Italy?

I have also heard that cheaper and better versions can be bought or made under license from the US and that the first trainers produced will be for the export market only.

idle-centralise
1st Apr 2005, 10:31
Sit back and await the legal action from Lambretta methinks!

EESDL
1st Apr 2005, 11:25
It's been decided that procurement is to be enhanced by only purchasing the left trainer, as all DPA personnel have found the left-hand model to be a perfect fit for both feet.

c130jbloke
1st Apr 2005, 11:38
Does this mean that you have to wear the gucci typhoon "G" suit to go with it ?

airborne_artist
1st Apr 2005, 13:04
The trainers were of course originally specified with a cannon. HMG will not be procurring the cannon-fitted trainers, so the trainers issued to HM Forces will have a lump of concrete shaped like a cannon in place of a cannon, as it has been discovered that trainers without a cannon are dynamically unstable, and could cause the wearer to fall over.

SASless
1st Apr 2005, 13:53
ah...but why have trainers if you are equipped to do the real thing....

spinstallaeropfl
1st Apr 2005, 17:42
We're all saved, the first single seat T model safely arrived at Coningsby this afternoon... and the pilot had never flown a single seater before... bless... Apparently, CAS was real chuffed...!

SSAP

c130jbloke
1st Apr 2005, 19:54
Do you get a free typhoon with each pair ? And which one will prove to be the most useful ?

Always_broken_in_wilts
2nd Apr 2005, 00:25
I guess you must have just been on a TYPHOO trail:E :E

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced