PDA

View Full Version : Multi Engine Ground Exams?

Lustigemann
31st Mar 2005, 18:56
Hi Im just about to start my Multi engine course and i am looking at doing it all in a week. Is there any information available on the ground exam? Is there a confusor or even better a way of getting the type of answers required?

CAT3C AUTOLAND
31st Mar 2005, 20:25
When I did my Multi exam, I was told that the school had the responsibility of writing the exam which had to approved my the CAA. It is nothing nasty, just stuff that was covered in the ATPL, and a few questions specific to the aircraft you will be training on, mostly performance.

I seem to recall questions on the different speeds, what happens to Vyse with altitude, assymetric blade effect, critical engines, thrust line changes etc. Your instructor should give you a thorough briefing of what is expected of you.

All the best.

six-sixty
1st Apr 2005, 06:11
Basically the exam is specific to the type operated, and mine consisted of specific questions on v-speeds, engine, airframe and systems normal and emergency procedures plus a whole load of questions applicable to most twins like critical engines etc. Part of my groundschool for the rating involved trawling through the POH to find answers to about a gazillion questions, and the exam was a subset of these.

Oh - also some perf type questions involving correct usage of the graphs in the POH (TORD,LRD, time to climb etc).

I bought a Trevor Thom multi engine book as well but I didn't really need it for the test. Your school will give you everything you need.

S-S