PDA

View Full Version : connie's last flight

Brit312
31st Mar 2005, 17:38
I have heard that tomorrow [1st April ] the Mats Connie will start it's ferry flight from the USA to Korea. I understand that it's initial route will be Avra Valley--Oakland---Anchorage--???.

so this will be your last chance to see the beautiful old girl in the USA

Conc
31st Mar 2005, 20:28
Have spent a couple of months as part of the MATS Connie Crew and some very enjoyable hours flying as Co-pilot. I will be sorry to see the aircraft leaving the US Airshow Tour but hope that it enjoys many more years flying around the Asian airshow circuit. Bon Voyage N494TW and thanks to John Travolta and Vern Raburn for preserving such a lovely old machine.

treadigraph
1st Apr 2005, 06:13
Ahhhh! First time I ever saw a Connie in the air was this beauty taking off from Biggin Hill. Wonderful! :ok:

First time I ever heard one, was an AFRES C-121 which growled along Green 1 early one Sunday morning in the mid-seventies - I was too lazy to get out of bed... I have learned a thing or two since then!

Watching the "Breitling" Connie take off from Duxofrd last year, the sound was largely drowned out by music and the commentator :{ Plea to commentators! Keep quiet occasionally, and less of the music!

Back to thread, I wish the old girl well, and if Korean are planning on grounding her for a musuem at any time as has been suggested in one or two of the Aviation rags, then swap her for one of the non-airworthy aircraft that still exist. It would be a great shame to ground such a gorgeous flyer.

effortless
1st Apr 2005, 10:19
Watching the "Breitling" Connie take off from Duxofrd last year, the sound was largely drowned out by music and the commentator Plea to commentators! Keep quiet occasionally, and less of the music!

Oh please please please please, I know that we are all supposed to need "value added" displays but I am sure that most commentary would not be missed. If anyone from the army heli-display is reading this for heaven's sake DITCH THE BLOODY MUSIC!

treadigraph
5th Apr 2005, 07:18
Doh! According to this site, she'll be grounded...

http://www.conniesurvivors.com/1-connie_news.htm

Seriously hope that the other operators can keep their birds flying.

Brit312
5th Apr 2005, 13:45
Anybody know if she is to be housed inside or outside, because even as a non flying exhibit she will not last to long in the Korean weather and it would be a shame to see the old girl rot away