PDA

View Full Version : training provided by EPTA

thefly
31st Mar 2005, 15:32
After doing some research on the internet i have noticed that EPTA offer a frozen ATPL course for around 27000 GPD.

This price does not compare to the cost of training in schools like OAT for a similar course.

Due to restricted finance i would like to opt for the EPTA course but would like to know any downfalls in choosing this course compared to more expensive schools.

Please advise

thanks

whiskey1
1st Apr 2005, 14:15
Ask yourself how they are so much cheaper? Are they really?

What's included in this price? VAT? You have to pay it!

Landing Fees, Instrument Approach charges, I think an ILS and Landing at Bournemouth is about £48 for a Duchess if it's not included in the price.

Is the training in the UK or USA? Cost of Flight to Florida? Accomodation while there? Visa? Cost of the trip or trips to the Embassy in London for the Visa?

CAA Fees, for things like licence issue, Medical, Theory Exams (they are £770), CPL and I/R Flight tests (currently £637).

PPL Exams, R/t test, Aircraft Hire for all the tests PPL, CPL and I/R.

What your quoted won't be what you'll pay. In reality allow at least £45,000 or about halfway through your training the accountant will stop the flying and ask for more money.

NEVER PAY UP FRONT

If the company goes bust you've lost you money. Not suggesting that is likely with this company, I don't know, but it has and does happen.

thefly
1st Apr 2005, 14:50
thanks for the advice