PDA

View Full Version : NCA PAS Question

Tiger_mate
31st Mar 2005, 14:52
As the Chief Clerk cannot help me and nobody else seems to know the answer, does anybody here know why some NCA have an incremental due date (IDD) of 1 Jan whilst others have an IDD of 1 Apr.

Within my unit most have 1 Jan but 2 have 1 Apr and there does not appear to be any logic regarding the disparity.

You would expect that as NCA PAS originated on 1 Apr 2004 that everybody therein would enjoy a salary increase on 1 Apr 2005; that being its first birthday.

Icecap
31st Mar 2005, 15:46
Just to muddy the water, my IDD is 04 April....

Facingrear
31st Mar 2005, 16:11
And again as mine is 01 Jul !

dolphin 153
31st Mar 2005, 19:06
my increment date is the 27 jan, as this would have been my increment date under the banding system. changing everyones increment date to the 1st of april would have been unfair as some people would have had to wait longer to get it.

Tiger_mate
1st Apr 2005, 06:48
So now I am really confused! Does anybody know the logic involved (if there is any) in the dates? My banding date on the old system was October. The only thing I have in common with 1 Apr is that it co-incides with the Financial Year and therefore the annual payrise.

The examples quoted on the 4th and 27th of a month would suggest that there may be reason hidden in there somewhere.

What myself and the other 1 Apr individual have in common is that we had both reached the maximum banding for MACR prior to PAS being introduced, but I am fairly certain that the 1 Jan 05 guys had also. Therefore Oct 03 (my "anniversary") brought nothing, Apr 04 brought PAS and annual payrise, next increment 1 Apr 05. This seems quite logical; what raises the question is why others climbed a band in Jan.

Yeller_Gait
1st Apr 2005, 08:24
I would guess that the reason that 1 Jan and 1 Jul are used is that those are the two main promotion dates for NCA, so if you have not already reached top band MACR, FS (or Sgt ?), then that is the date that you are due for the next level.

The other instances of obscure dates may well come about because of a different substantsive promotion date for example.

airborne_artist
1st Apr 2005, 08:42
Perhaps it's for the same reason that thoroughbred horses are deemed to be a year older on 1 Jan, while the rest are a year older on 1 Apr?

DP Harvey
1st Apr 2005, 16:59
Tiger Mate,
This is only conjecture, but I think that if an individual transfered to Pay 2000 with the potential to receive an increment, that individual would have also been allocated an Increment Due Date (IDD) which is the anniversary of the date of paid promotion to that rank. That IDD would then remain fixed in that person's records to be utilized when required. An example would be a MACR who transferred to Pay 2000 Level 6, rose to Level 7 and was then capped for a while before transferring to PAS. The IDD was ineffective while he was capped, but it was automatically in place once increments became possible.

Conversely, a sgt or FS receiving MACR's pay (pre-89 reserved rights), on transfer to Pay 2000 would have received a few pence a day rise to line up with the top level but would not have been allocated an IDD at that time, because he couldn't possibly receive an increment in that rank. Upon transfer to the PAS on 1 Apr 04 his pay was decoupled from his rank and he became eligible for increments, so that date became his IDD.

This should account for IDDs of 1 Jan and 1 Jul (normal promotion dates), 1 Apr (transfer to PAS for those without existing IDD) and other dates, which should be the anniversary of paid acting rank.

Have a look at your pay statement for Apr 2001 and check the info box at the bottom for an entry, "Increment Due Date". If there is a date there it should also be your IDD for PAS. If there isn't an IDD you should have one printed following any promotion since then. Or, you will have it printed as 1 Apr on your Apr 2004 pay statement

Hope this helps....

DP

Yeller_Gait
1st Apr 2005, 18:27
So how many pre-89 TOS have been offered PAS? I was under the impression that those people were unlikely to be offered?

The Gorilla
1st Apr 2005, 19:33
I was told that as PMA wished to draw a line under pre-89 TOS that it was unlikely to be offered to those on said terms.

Any Sgts' paid as Masters been assimilated?

Resistance is futile!!

:O

Always_broken_in_wilts
1st Apr 2005, 19:44
Just lovin it:ok:

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Yeller_Gait
1st Apr 2005, 19:52
Any Sgts' paid as Masters been assimilated?

So that is why you left is it, gorilla?

The Gorilla
1st Apr 2005, 20:37
Nope, my main reason for leaving was quite simple, I was paid an FRI up to Apr 1 03. 2 years at £5k per year. Very nice but then they stopped it!! They decided to re-target it, so effectively I was invited to go to a little party in Saudi for £5k less per year. Mmmm I declined the invitation... Hee hee hee!!

Out within 4 months of PVR'ing, didn't even need to play my Ace card either.

Actually, I would really like to thank that Allan bloke from another thread who claimed to have been responsible for pre-Oct 89 TOS. I had a smashing 14 years on reserved rights and the pension is really peachy!! Cheers matey!!!!

:ok:

Tiger_mate
1st Apr 2005, 21:20
Gorilla said:

"I was told that as PMA wished to draw a line under pre-89 TOS that it was unlikely to be offered to those on said terms."

I was on pre 89 terms, and did not receive an offer at the time all others did. I didnt expect it so I didnt miss it.

However it did arrive via the incorrect address (and rank) with a decision to be made within 3 days or loose it. If circumstances in the future do not change and rumours regarding paybanding are true, then accepting it may have been a big mistake.

Moreover I am led to believe that to eject back to the old system (through choice if possible and PVR if not) will mean an enforced acceptance of the new pension terms. Potentially a loose / loose situation. Each day the muddy waters clear a little and it would appear not to be the be all and end all that it was sold as. Bit like my endowement!!

Always_broken_in_wilts
2nd Apr 2005, 00:12
"I was on pre 89 terms, and did not receive an offer at the time all others did. I didnt expect it so I didnt miss it."

Why???? I, and several others who were on reserved rights got it and it would appear that only the numb nuts few missed out...........so who exactly have have you pi@@ed off :E

New Pension scheme......................bring it on... some days I love my job!!!!!!

all spelling mistakes are "df"alcohol induced

The Gorilla
2nd Apr 2005, 07:31
Always

Be specific, were you a Sgt paid as FS or FS paid as Master or Sgt paid as Master?

It also made a difference as to which branch you were in!!

When we were told, it was a direct reference to Sgts on reserved rights in the Air Eng branch.

As for your beloved new pension I wouldn't be so smug if I were you. Firstly no one has yet received a new pension and secondly a lot can happen between now and then!!

Me I am quite happy to be in civvie street getting mine today. You know what they say about possession!!

:)