PDA

View Full Version : front page not updating

Irish Steve
30th Mar 2005, 12:24
To the mods,

Looks like there might be a snag somewhere with updating routines, a couple of the threads I've been involved with today are still a long way down the list, and not showing that there's been activity on them,

One of them is the (in)famous 747 LAX diversion thread, according to my front page, the last update on that was March27 @ 18:14, when in fact the most recent entry is today (30th) at 12:45, and there's been 8 or 9 new posts since the last time it says that it changed.

Not sure if this is a local issue with caching on my ISP, or if it's something strange happening with the forum software.

Regards

Steve

PA28Viking
30th Mar 2005, 13:12
This is the special PPRuNe version of censorship. The thread is exempt from normal 'floating' to the top, and the mods/Danny hopes it will be forgotten when it sinks to page 2.

I think this was invented for the infamous 'Pink headsets' thread, which though very popular did not meet the standards for
Professional Pilots

Irish Steve
30th Mar 2005, 13:37
The thread is exempt from normal 'floating' to the top, and the mods/Danny hopes it will be forgotten when it sinks to page 2.

I can well understand that thought, it's already well past it's sell by date, and if it indeed sinks without further trace, there will be more than a few people very happy to see it do so,

Cheers

Steve