PDA

View Full Version : Chief Galah

kimwestt
30th Mar 2005, 06:58
:O probly lucky that the radio is being used by the sound of it!! Lets know when u wont to do your suggestion, I'd love to come and help.

Chief galah
30th Mar 2005, 08:34
OK

The way I see it.

The aircraft taking off, no matter what class of operation, gives way to those that are landing. I would assume that normal broadcasts have applied, i.e, taxi, runway entry....., approaching, circuit entry...e.t.c.

At some time the landing aircraft has priority. If I was in the circuit, and heard a broadcast
".....entering and backtracking...." (as required)
I would be tempted to respond
"...... downwind/base runway xx full stop."
If the departing aircraft does not takeoff, then ...what happens?

As my operations may be off a nature that it is my way of making a living or any other operation for that matter, at some stage I have priority for landing.

The pilots of the aircraft occupying the runway, must takeoff or vacate the runway. It is more than likely the pilots of that aircraft, not long ago, were in the reverse position.

What happens to their brains? Is it part of the airline conversion training?

Having been around for a while, I have seen our system degrade in many ways. These being, commonsense, awareness, common curtesy, airmanship, egomania, and just plain stupidity.

It is not getting any better as as all the defensive mechanisms, as passed down through aviation time, are slowly forgotten.

I must ask, "How many times should a pilot go round to accommodate such aviation arrogance?" There has got to be a limit, regulation or not.

My response in the other post was - take tongue, place in cheek.

Hope this clears up any perceived recklessness.

CG