PDA

View Full Version : Change's at BFC

Capt. Vilo
29th Mar 2005, 12:55
Just finished my atpl's and "was" all set to make my way to BFC for multi I/R cpl ... called them on the phone and found that Joe McGrath has left. The impression I got from Joe was that he was the "life & sole" at bfc.
Just wondering if anyone has any views if the training has been effected down there , would like to hear from any current students on the "new" life at BFC.....

Gillespie
29th Mar 2005, 14:25
I'd also be very interested to hear any replies to this thread as I have my deposit down with BFC.

JB007
29th Mar 2005, 15:02
I would take a look at Professional Air Training at EGHH if you have any concerns about your chosen school...

Click Here! (http://www.pat.uk.com/)

African Drunk
29th Mar 2005, 17:47
Joe was marketing and piss ups nothing to do with training. They have a new girl doing the same thing she seems nice and is much better to look at!

GuinnessQueen
30th Mar 2005, 07:52
Yep, As African says above, no impact on training, as Joe was responsible for marketing (and vodka bar outings). I have just finished my CPL and MEIR at BFC, no problems, they did exactly what it says on the tin!

GQ

Trislander
1st Apr 2005, 08:13
By BFC I'm assuming your talking about the commercial arm, BCFT??

:confused:

Stoney X
1st Apr 2005, 08:52
Trislander, I think the B in this discussion is Bristol, not Bournemouth.

Regards
Stoney

Capt. Vilo
1st Apr 2005, 10:34
BFC = Bristol Flying Centre.

Send Clowns
1st Apr 2005, 10:41
Don't confuse us! Bournemouth Flying Club have put our commercial training into Bournemouth Commercial Flight Training Centre, BCFT, for consistency when we had set up the ATPL groundschool but it does help avoid confusing us with Bristol Flight Centre.

Good to meet you yesterday, Stoney - first time a stranger has come up to me recognised me but by PPRuNe name!

kentish
1st Apr 2005, 17:09
Clowns are easy to spot mate............only joking couldn't resist!!!! :ok:

Joe McGrath
11th Apr 2005, 03:52
If only it was that easy, ..."Piss ups" was just one the best part’s of working at BFC.

I have moved onto a new school in Oz. Was very sorry to leave Bristol, as I feel it is still the best school in the UK to do your IR. The team of Instructors are second to none and the aircraft and sims are just what you need.

I was asked to come to Oz, to help set up a JAR school in Melbourne.
Once in a lifetime opportunity, otherwise, I would still be helping Rowan and his team.

BFC marches on and Rowan training together with Kate will be happy and very capable of dealing with your inquire.

And I’m sure Rowan will pick up my "Piss ups" duty’s and give it his full and highly qualified attention :ok:

Now I’m off to the beach….

African Drunk
11th Apr 2005, 09:20
Joe best of luck in oz. When you back in the UK?

Joe McGrath
12th Apr 2005, 04:51
Hi Mate, will be back for a few days around the 27th. Looking forward to a warm beer and cold weather....NOT. Say Hi to the guys and TIDY YOUR DESK......