PDA

View Full Version : Booking CPL training before getting ATPL results

Dude~
29th Mar 2005, 09:29
I am experiencing some problems regarding choosing where to do my commercial training and particularly when to book it.

I was rather hoping to book a course now and start it the Monday after I will get my last set of results for the ATPLs. I personally consider this to be a fairly safe bet, but obviously the schools aren't too keen saving me a space if I might have to do resits.

So what are you planning to do, or what did you do if you are further advanced than myself?

Perhaps I should visit the schools in question and show them my pass rate so far! That might give them confidence!

Northern Highflyer
29th Mar 2005, 09:52
Just like you are planning, I booked my CPL/IR course in advance to start on the Monday following the expected date for publishing the exam results. I was told by the school that if I had failed one then the course start date would just be put back to a later date. As it happened I started on the original date with them all in the bag.

NH

QNH 1013
29th Mar 2005, 14:21
I did the same for both the CPL, which depended on the written results, and for the Instructor Rating, which depended on passing the CPL. Both schools were perfectly happy to take the booking on the basis that things would be postponed if I failed anything. Fortunately I didn't. At the time (just over a year ago) there was something like a six-week waiting list for the CPL and a three-month waiting list for the Instructor Rating, so I saved a lot of time by booking well in advance.