PDA

View Full Version : OATs aircraft standard...

Dude~
29th Mar 2005, 08:49
Can anyone comment on the quality / condition / equipment of the Oxford Aviation PA28s? I need to book a CPL course asap, but am surprised at the condition of some of the aircraft I have seen at other schools so far.

I would like to know if they are new/old, tatty, clean, well looked after, are there any 'inop' placards...etc

Cheers

VC10 Rib22
29th Mar 2005, 15:27
Surely you wouldn't book a course based solely on what individuals on an anonymous forum tell you ? Go to Oxford and judge for yourself. Such a question will undoubtedly bring out the anti-Oxford brigade en masse.

Regards,

VC10 Rib22

:ok:

Keygrip
29th Mar 2005, 16:15
Trubble is - you may need to book a flight to Arizona to inspect their PA28's.

Does Kidlington still do modular CPL - or is it all done at Scottsdale?

The last six that went through there, by the way, did a 28 hour course and included the MEP Class rating.

It was 14 hours on PA28 and 14 hours on (a very nice) Seneca V.

All six of them loved it.

EGAC_Ramper
29th Mar 2005, 19:27
Oxford do do modular CPL at Oxford but only on the Socata TB20 now and I believe only at weekends.I do believe it is on their website.:D

Regards
<<edit: They have a website?>>

OneMileHigh
30th Mar 2005, 23:15
Hey Dude,

If the quality of the equipment means so much to you then you should hotfoot it to Cabair at Cranfield.

I haven't done any training with them at all, but whilst I was at Cranfield I did notice that they have a large number of brand new Diamond Stars.

Dude~
31st Mar 2005, 20:18
Ta, I didn't know that 'Onemilehigh'. I shall indeed have a look.

jayteeto
1st Apr 2005, 07:27
It was a while ago now, but I found Wycombe Air Centre to be a first class establishment, although not cheap. Quality was important.

EGCC4284
1st Apr 2005, 17:36
http://www.aeros.co.uk/