TheStormyPetrel
27th Mar 2005, 14:35
*sniff* not a good start.....

amos2
28th Mar 2005, 01:30
AARRGGHH!!!...Buster you have no faith! :mad:

Buster Hyman
28th Mar 2005, 07:38
amos I actually paid $26 to watch the game at the G...what I saw I'd seen over the last 4 years. Same game plan, same mistakes, same reliance on Hird...nothing new & we'll be lucky to make the eight. :(

3 Holer
28th Mar 2005, 22:25
Whiskery was right. It was a BIG win for the Doggies at the "G" yesterday.

I am surprised we haven't been bombarded with Magpie excuses for that pathetic effort.
Magpies or Tigers for wooden spoon this year?

Go West Coasters !!!!!!

Buster Hyman
28th Mar 2005, 22:49
So Stormy, what's your take on Scott & Michael not being reprimanded? I thought it was a low act, but if he was running back to position, then there's nothing in the rules against it.:confused:

GoGirl
29th Mar 2005, 06:32
and again that time of the year has rolled around where I become a 'Football Widow', as opposed to the summer 'Cricket Widow' or the year round 'Golf Widow'

:ok:

Leaves me time to shop :E

GG

TheStormyPetrel
29th Mar 2005, 19:45
Buster I watched it happen and he was hurt and we all knew it.

IMHO they were doing exactly what it looked like; trying to hurt Nick. It might not have been conduct which was unlawful within footy rules, but it was not appropriate, fair or resonable from one person to another.

None of us knew Nick had sustained a break, but he was clearly in pain, so their actions showed a meanness and lack of basic ethics that sickens me. I'm no wuss, and people get hurt in footy, but when it's deliberate, I get angry.

Now that's off my chest - how do I feel about them not being reprimanded? You've probably guessed from my rant that I don't think that sort of deliberate action should be condoned, and the only way to stamp it out (okay, impossible, reduce it) is for such behaviour to have negative consequences for those who act like that.

Buster Hyman
30th Mar 2005, 02:42
Headline for Whiskery...wherever he is...

BUCKLEY GONE! Just announced that he's got some hamstring problems & he'll be out indefinately!!!

Stormy Well, I guess it's a lesson for NR that if you are injured, get off the ground! Lest you become a prime target for the opportunists.

The Voice
30th Mar 2005, 10:23
I didn't think he was gone - gone, but rather just a little bit broken down! :}

gaunty
30th Mar 2005, 14:07
And the Hawks ????:} :rolleyes:

tipsy
1st Apr 2005, 01:59
No way gaunty, the RAAF need all their Hawks for Lead in Fighter Training.

tipsy:ok:

amos2
1st Apr 2005, 08:23
...but!....the big question, the important question is!...

Where is Whiskery??? :confused:

Buster Hyman
1st Apr 2005, 21:31
amos after a dismal last quarter, let's not rush his return ok.;) :( :{

TheStormyPetrel
3rd Apr 2005, 06:20
Oh whew, a whisker of a win :ok:

(PS No offence intended to Whiskery)

Buster Hyman
25th Apr 2005, 21:56
Now, where is that Whiskery chap?:}

TheStormyPetrel
17th Jul 2005, 13:09
I wonder where Whiskery is. This thread sort of died without his input. Maybe he's about again now. Then again, with the Pies so far down the ladder, maybe he's waiting patiently for a better moment to re-appear.

It's tough living in Perth as a St Kilda supporter anytime, but specially now with the West Coast Eagles doing so well.

By the way, I believe birthday congrats are due, Buster. Well done for achieving that particular milestone and being brave enough to air it on JB!!

Buster Hyman
18th Jul 2005, 21:55
Yes...Thanks Stormy...I chose to "out" myself lest some other Turkey do it for me. ;)

Well, I actually went along to the game on Friday &, whilst it's always a worthy cause to see the Dons belt the Pies, it was more a case of "Crap & Crapper!" Those two teams pose no threat to anyone above them.

On a side note, Scott McLaren's payment was money well spent!!!;) :p

TheStormyPetrel
20th Aug 2005, 02:05
Well that was certainly an amazing match.

I CANNOT believe that Freo got that goal. :(

Hempy
20th Aug 2005, 11:28
:mad: :mad: umpires :mad: :yuk: , :mad: :mad: :mad: !!

Buster Hyman
20th Aug 2005, 13:49
What a round!

I watched the Dees & Dogs & tuned out with the dogs up by 21points (or thereabouts) and 6 odd minutes remaining....I flick back & the Dees are taking the applause! DOH!

Woomera
21st Aug 2005, 09:06
So does that mean the Mighty Hawks wont be in the Grand Final then. :}

Buster Hyman
21st Aug 2005, 12:39
Well, there you go...Woomera's doing comedy!!!:p

Any Caaaaarlton supporters out there???:E :E :E

TheStormyPetrel
22nd Aug 2005, 11:35
I feel sorry for the Carlton supporters (and players). As a Saints' supporter, I can guarantee that I know how it feels to be right down there - sometimes year after year.

Sad for the Hawks too.

However, I just can't seem to find any sympathy for the 'Pies. There is just something about the 'Pies, and their supporters, that means they are not liked when they're winning, and we feel little sympathy when they're down.

One of the best moments in footy history (in my unbiased opinion) was in 1966. The match story and stats are on this (http://www.fullpointsfooty.net/1966_VFL_grand_final.htm#4th%20Quarter) site. Incredible!

Whiskery
26th Aug 2005, 13:47
Those priority draft picks are going to very handy for next season.

Not a real good season boys, but HEY.............no wooden spoon!

Binoculars
27th Aug 2005, 12:37
Made the easiest money of my life last week; couldn't believe my eyes to see Essendon at $2.10 to beat Carlton by more than 13. Given the draft situation, I'd back the Under 14 Blind Girls' School to beat Carlton, so I loaded up on the old Centrebet account.

Things are back to normal this week when I confidently plunged on the stupid hypothesis that a rugby league team that beat a finals contender by 60 points last week would have some chance against the wooden-spooners this week. Wrong! :{

But I'm still well ahead, thanks to good old Carlton!

Hempy
2nd Sep 2005, 12:51
One for all Dockers supporters

History of the Dockers (http://www.matera.com.au/historyofdockers)

:} :ouch:

3 Holer
3rd Sep 2005, 23:12
Where"s Stormy this morning? That was an amazing win by the Sainters last night over in Adelaide. :ok:

Buster Hyman
4th Sep 2005, 07:32
Well...for most of us, season 2005 is over, so I might close this thread before Stormy gets here!!;) :p

TheStormyPetrel
4th Sep 2005, 20:51
3 Holer

I actually came on and started to prepare a post - in glee! Then I thought that perhaps I should hold such an exuberant post for when we win the finals!!!

Hey Buster, lucky for me you aren't a Mod!

I'd like to see you finish the season well.....

by barracking for St Kilda and truly hoping we win our 2nd premiership :ok:

Buster Hyman
4th Sep 2005, 21:48
Just...can't...do...it...Stormy! I think the Swannies are a real chance though.

Aww heck! Just for you then..."Go Sa..." Nah, still cant do it!:} :ouch:

3 Holer
6th Sep 2005, 09:25
I think it will be a Eagles v St Kilda Grand Final and I'll reserve my prediction on a winner until after the prelims !

TheStormyPetrel
7th Sep 2005, 23:19
Buster I'm sure you're a secret Saints' supporter - go on, share your secret. None of us will tell......

Buster Hyman
8th Sep 2005, 00:46
The only secret I have is about cross dressing, nothing about the Saints I'm afraid!...(Keep that to yourself though...)

Buster Hyman
9th Sep 2005, 14:24
Strewth! Swannies got up in a nail biter! Still think they're a chance this year...;)

TheStormyPetrel
9th Sep 2005, 16:20
There's been a few close matches like that lately. I didn't think the Swans would pull through, but now I'm hoping you don't have a crystal ball, Buster.

Buster Hyman
9th Sep 2005, 22:31
.......:E........... :ouch:

Pseudonymn
16th Sep 2005, 12:37
Go the Swannies! :} :ok: :}

TheStormyPetrel
16th Sep 2005, 12:41
A massacre - that's what that last quarter felt like. Up until then we mostly looked pretty good. :{

Buster Hyman
16th Sep 2005, 15:22
Sorry Stormy.:( For your sake I hoped they'd get through but, no Hamill & injuries galore, they were lucky to be where they were early in the 4th.

Damn! That's 2 weeks running I've backed the Swannies...and didn't put any $$$'s on em!:suspect:

TheStormyPetrel
17th Sep 2005, 06:26
Thanks Buster :ok:

TheStormyPetrel
19th Sep 2005, 13:49
Well done Ben Cousins. A well deserved win for a really nice guy (even if he does play for the WCE). :ok:

Binoculars
19th Sep 2005, 14:03
Let it be fearlessly said here and now. This whole Brownlow voting scam is as corrupt as any local council in Australia! How can anybody in a race of 400 starters be an odds-on favourite? :confused: :confused: :8

Woomera
19th Sep 2005, 14:04
So that means the Mighty Hawks wont get into the Grand Final then???:{ :{ :{ :sad:

Buster Hyman
19th Sep 2005, 21:57
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise Woomera, the Hawks are a very good VFL side!:ok:

I just want to know why I didn't get that "leaked" e-mail about Cousins!:(

3 Holer
20th Sep 2005, 23:57
Binos , the media awards go a long way in determining the final Brownlow betting. Cousins was clearly the best player in most of those awards (Herald Sun, Channels 9 & 7, West Australian etc,. etc,.) so you wouldn't need to apply too much rocket science to work out who the odds-on Brownlow favourite was going to be.

Eagles for the flag now. Can't see the Swannies mid field coming close to the Eagles and with Gardiner, Chick and Hansen as options up forward they have some goal scoring power at last.

Good to see the tribunal applying some common sense at last!

TheStormyPetrel
21st Sep 2005, 14:34
3 Holer - I'm also thinking that the West Coast Eagles might just get across the line.

I totally disagree with you about the tribunal decisions though. I hate to see violence slip past. I hope they tighten up the rules so that actions like Hall's are not able to be found to be acceptable in the future.

The Saints for next year's Premiers! :ok:

Binoculars
21st Sep 2005, 14:44
Yeah yeah, next year, next year...:rolleyes:

Violence? VIOLENCE? YOU CALL THAT VIOLENCE? Typical sheila's point of view!

Now when I were a lad in the under 15's.......

Buster Hyman
21st Sep 2005, 22:57
I must be getting soft... Hall gets off because they determined that he punched the chap in "the line of play" (or sumfink!). The operative word here is PUNCHED! Seems that's okay now...:rolleyes:

Whiskery
22nd Sep 2005, 00:07
Hey, 3 holer, if THESE LADIES (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=189887&perpage=30&pagenumber=8) belong to you. I would like to invite you all down to the Collingwood FC Social Club tomorrow night for a couple of quiet ones.

I'll introduce you to Mick Malthouse then take the ladies off for a bit of nightclubbing :ok:

The AFL will rig a Swans win just like they rigged Big Bad Barry's reprieve. I'll bet Rocca & Cloke were really pleased with that decision. :mad:

A Camel ate my stash
22nd Sep 2005, 09:51
go swa....
go swa....

nope cant bring myself to say it.

:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Now I feel dirty.

Roll on 2006 and give me more draft picks!

Pseudonymn
24th Sep 2005, 07:21
Cheer, cheer the red and the white...

GO SWANS!

The AFL will rig a Swans win just like they rigged Big Bad Barry\'s reprieve. I\'ll bet Rocca & Cloke were really pleased with that decision.

Hey Whiskery, if the AFL \'rigged\' the finals, then somebody forgot to tell the umpire when Sydney played over at Subi three weeks ago.

Buster Hyman
24th Sep 2005, 12:39
Don't you hate it when you don't back your own judgement! I've been tipping the Swannies through the finals & didn't put a brass razoo on them:\ Yet I happily threw money away on the Dons!:suspect: :sad: :{

Whiskery
25th Sep 2005, 00:41
Pseudonymn...........Maaaaaaaaate, you ain't trying to convince anyone around here, an incorrect umpiring decision made 12 minutes into the last quarter affected the result of that match.

Coz if you are you better go back to following netball !

As for rigging tribunal decisions - I'll stand by that one.....just ask Rocca and Clokey ! :{

A Camel ate my stash
25th Sep 2005, 00:51
The AFL now have their wish.

Now swannies supporters please stand by as the price of season tickects go up at least 50% as they did in Brisbane after their first premiership.

:E :E :}

Woomera
25th Sep 2005, 01:29
So we can book for a Hawks v Sydney Grand Final in 2006. then.:\

Pseudonymn
25th Sep 2005, 01:35
Pseudonymn...........Maaaaaaaaate, you ain't trying to convince anyone around here, an incorrect umpiring decision made 12 minutes into the last quarter affected the result of that match.

Coz if you are you better go back to following netball !

As for rigging tribunal decisions - I'll stand by that one.....just ask Rocca and Clokey ! :{

Just cos I'm a chick doesn't mean I follow netball...

Now, all I need is for Parramatta to win this afternoon and again next Sunday and I shall be a very happy girl.

Pseudo. Perpetual member of Parra Leagues and long-time Sinny Swans fan. :ok: :} :ok:

Whiskery
25th Sep 2005, 06:57
..............not looking too good at halftime sweetheart ! ;)

Buster Hyman
25th Sep 2005, 08:04
Yes Woomera. You send me the money & I'll book the tickets for you!:rolleyes:

Pseudonymn
25th Sep 2005, 08:30
Bu99er Bu99er Bu99er Bu99er Bu99er!

Bl00dy choking Eels... boo hiss grumble grumble grumble

TheStormyPetrel
23rd Nov 2005, 06:24
AFL Season In Doubt For 2006
Wednesday, 23 November 2005

612-ABC Brisbane Morning Presenter Kelly Higgins-Devine gave this "dire warning" to her fellow AFL fans about the imminent halt to season 2006!

It is likely that the AFL competition for 2006 will have to be cancelled.

Under the new Anti-Terrorism Laws the Bombers are banned.

The new Industrial Relations legislation rules out the Dockers and the Avian flu epidemic is wreaking havoc with the Crows, Eagles, Hawks, Magpies and Swans.

Any transfers to the Kangaroos, Cats, Lions, Dogs and Tigers must now be quarantined for at least 12 months.

Religious vilification laws mean that no one can legally barrack for the Demons or the Saints.

This only leaves the Power and the Blues who no one wants to barrack for anyway.
Serious source (http://www.abc.net.au/queensland/stories/s1515022.htm)
:E

The Voice
23rd Nov 2005, 08:46
bwahahahahaha .. now that's amusing!

(even if in real life it aint!) :D