PDA

View Full Version : Pan Am 737 type rating course

510orbust
26th Mar 2005, 10:15
Anyone know how good Pan Am is in Miami for the 737 training course?

Farrell
26th Mar 2005, 16:36
hi PM me and I'll put you in touch with someone.

south coast
27th Mar 2005, 21:06
are they jar approved, basically is the rating going to be able to be put onto a jar licence?

thanks

vdive
28th Mar 2005, 07:20
No JAR there. Its a rating according to FAA regulations and an FAA checkride. Most probably you will find yourself doing a checkride with a JAR TRE as well. If you consider doing a 737 type in the States, i truly recommend an airline training center such as United (UAL services) or others. Unfortunately, our authorities have some sort of trauma with US type ratings and therefore you're best off doing it with somebody who's name is known (believe that United Airlines or Continental might sound more familiar than XY flight training at ZZZ). I am not saying that the training quality of others isn't that good - quite the opposite with places such as K&S and Highpower as they are led by some Southwest folks, but the names won't ring a bell with any authority here and therefore gives enough suspicion to start the usual type rating fuss again. You might be able to get credit for the entire training but you would still need an examiner. Either renting a sim here or bring the checker to the USA.

As for Pan Am, do a search on flightinfo.com and check the postings there.

Salve, vdive

Oiga
28th Mar 2005, 15:24
epsilonmiuraised:

I can´t get my hands on the latest FI- magazine, so can you please post the name of the school.

510orbust
29th Mar 2005, 19:56
think it's called flyguppdraget or so......

Great Circle
30th Mar 2005, 12:13
I think the company you are all looking for is www.randhem.com They have the B737 TR course for 14,400 Euros including accomodations in Miami. The A320 TR course is 16,550 Euros and it is at the Northwest Airlines Training Center in Minneapolis. Just remember to add around 5000 Euros for the touch and goes. Has anyone had any dealings with this company and if so how were they? PM me if you like!!

Thanks,

GC

Oiga
31st Mar 2005, 14:15
That Randhem sounds good.

Does anyone have any information about school called Danfly?

Björn
5th Apr 2005, 11:27
Oiga,

Here you are: www.danfly.net

Oiga
5th Apr 2005, 19:10
Sorry, I should have been more spesific.
I ment that does anyone have any experience of that company?