PDA

View Full Version : Bankstown Taxi Distance/Time

Trav737-400
26th Mar 2005, 02:33
Hi all, I currently hold a PPL(A) and I am moving to Sydney to complete my CPL etc. I have noticed that at BK that the taxi distances seem quite long from most schools compared to where I learned to fly( a CTAF, cat 2). Just wondering what is average time for people to taxi to the holding point and get flying. Thanks

SsaKcaj
26th Mar 2005, 04:11
Wait till you try to get a AWC directly into CTA when IFR, you can sit in the runup bays for half an hour or more!

From a positive point of view, it all goes in the logbook.

Ultralights
27th Mar 2005, 00:29
i remeber a long time ago, taxing to 29L for circuits , just to get within 10 mtrs of the run up bay, then told the runway dir had changed! GRRRRRR

Obiwan
28th Mar 2005, 05:25
Last time it happened to me I was next to take-off so the tower controller told me I could take-off rather than taxi down the other end. Very helpful:ok:

Super Cecil
28th Mar 2005, 06:16
Hey Jackass, you log flightsim time too? so you pay VDO? write airswitch time on MR and log everything plus 20%?

Macrohard
28th Mar 2005, 08:14
Hey Cecil, take it easy mate. Do YOU know what time you should be logging? From your comment it appears as if you don't!

7gcbc
28th Mar 2005, 09:11
my three year old daughter has .1 on her logbook :D

Taxied round to the run-ups at YSCN a few weeks ago , she pressed the starter (on dads thumb), seemed totally comfortable with the racket (no headset), held my hand on the throttle, asked what the rpm guage did, asked whats the VSI gauage, asked whats the throttle, and finally pulled the mixture (with help) when we stopped. :D :D :D :D :D

is that too many smiley faces ? :D

I thought hobbs was it, unless you have an airswitch when you add .25 (nn) estimated taxi time as per the FBO's instructions.

I can't remember what the exact airswitch method is , been all hobbs for as long as I can remember.

Atlas Shrugged
29th Mar 2005, 01:11
Welcome back Cedric!

SsaKcaj
29th Mar 2005, 02:41
Super Cespot,

I think you will find that is what the regulations require you to log as flight time: the total time from when the aircraft first moves under its own power for the purpose of taking-off until the moment at which it comes to rest after landing. This is synonymous with 'chock to chock', 'block to block' or 'push back to block' time.

So, it you who is doing it wrong sunshine!

If you are not logging correctly (i.e. you are not logging enough)and you go close to any of the limits of CAO 48 under "your" system; then what you SHOULD actaully be logging could be in breach of CAO 48. But then again you wouldn't fly that much anyway. :(

Always so fast to attack, but never right. Must be a sad life.

7gcbc,

A lot of aircraft that are not used for PVT hire don't have hobbs or airswitches, you just have to manually note
'Off chocks' to 'On chocks' (for log book)
'Wheels off' to 'wheels on' (for MR)

EngineOut
29th Mar 2005, 02:48
I have to agree with you Ssakcaj,

Stupid Cecil... always so quick to bite and so often wrong...need I say more.

OpsNormal
29th Mar 2005, 07:26
Jackass and engine-out, both of you should learn to read very plain english, and to perhaps not be so quick off the mark to criticise others when your own relpies are those of a brain dead moron.

The question from Cecil was.... (do you) do any of these things?

Jackass (apt name you've picked for yourself BTW), if you've come so far by this stage in your career, you'll no doubt realise that your Ops Manual dictates how you log flight time, not CAO 48. More reading for you.

It saddens me to see 'up and coming' people like you pair without a basic command of the english language. I personally know the poster you're being very quick to denounce, and know just how much he enjoys stirring people who are "holding-on" a bit too tight. You might be somewhat surprised to realise that you're attacking a stalwart of the industry.

It is the narrow-minded antagonistic drivel (of the type you espouse) that makes the rest of this forum such boring reading from what it was 8 years ago (in fact it used to be an email ring).

*sigh* Oh for what it was......

OpsN.

;)

SsaKcaj
29th Mar 2005, 09:22
OpsNormal,

It was not merely a question from Cecil, so you can stop attempting to blame me for this childish behaviour, it was a genuine 'dig' (stirring or not) on his behalf.

And if you want to stand up for your buddy, that's fine, but you'll should also realise that it was he who began with the drivel in the first place.

Ultralights
29th Mar 2005, 09:39
to answer the original question, i have rarely spent more than 10 mins on the ground at YSBK, unless of course for said runway change.

On a busy day 10 yrs ago, you could be waiting behind 5 aircraft in the runup bay, but now, im usually to only one there.

circuits will take a little longer, especially heading to 29L but again, average just above 10 mins from start up to line up.

Avgas172
29th Mar 2005, 10:28
BUT .... Why is it that last time I was in BK I spent most of my time on the ground wishing I was in the air and most of my time in the air wishing the F..K I was back on the ground....bloody ruff sometimes when de wind is blowing over de mountains :uhoh:

Ultralights
29th Mar 2005, 10:32
fun isnt it! :hmm: especially when operating out of hoxton park, and all that wind is 90 deg across the strip! then you get the eastrlies, and the turbulance on the deck behind the tree line! makes for a good place to gain experience in trying conditions!

Super Cecil
2nd Apr 2005, 10:04
Ahhh Jackarse, you not reading the post again? you log a bit of the drive to the Airfield too? You and your mates don't take long to revert to the ole "it's not me it's him" defence. :} You say a lot of Aircraft for "private hire" don't have vdo's? that indicates most of your flying is private? You need your Bull****'o'meter recalibrated and turned on when reading posts.

Boys, that's ole mates atlas, macrosoft and enginemissing I'm surprised your visiting this site, most people commenting here are pilots not Sim freaks and wouldbe's.

Ops normal, I don't think you can reason with these types, after a few years in the real world they might actually learn something. :8