PDA

View Full Version : Cathay's policy on PRK eye surgery ( here we go again )

Luke SkyToddler
24th Mar 2005, 19:24
OK

Been called for CX Stage 1 Direct Entry interview in about 3 weeks.

I have a previous history of PRK laser surgery, about 12 years ago. No complications and I hold a current UK Class 1 medical.

I need the definitive answer because I don't want to waste Cathay's time or my own.

Simple answer please : Is previous eye corrective surgery considered an automatic fail by the Cathay medical standards people?.

Has anyone, ever, passed the medical with PRK prior history?

Lying is not really an option, 1) because I'm not that kind of person and 2) because it's all documented in my UK medical history.

(Would also appreciate if the usual suspects do not immediately post some patronizing comment about how to use the search button, I am well aware of its existence and none of the previous posts that I have searched are giving me the clarity I need to know).

I have heard conflicting stories from two or three people who've given me recent feedback, one guy who swears blind that he failed the medical for that reason and that reason only, and one or two others who reckon that the current person at the top of CX medical department is not as hard on it as they used to be.

If anyone with current knowledge of the CX policy could post, then that would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Luke ST

BlueEagle
24th Mar 2005, 22:22
This is copied here from the Wannabes forum as it is quite possible some of you guys and gals already with CX will have the information he seeks. Thanks, BE.

tamalai
24th Mar 2005, 23:00
+852 2747 2924 Cathay Medical Department and ask to speak to one of the Doc's yourself, that way you get a straight up answer