PDA

View Full Version : Seven's weekend

BBN RADAR
24th Mar 2005, 05:53
I know this is a bit late, but the Rugby Sevens, was, for me, just absolutely fantastic. So much drunken debauchery and mischief packed into a weekend should be illegal. So if anyone has any amusing short stories about the weekend that has just passed... lets hear them. I'll get the show started:

On Friday was wearing my mate's very classy "I Fuc**ed Your Girlfriend" T-shirt, when I was saying hello to a girl I had a fling with a couple of years ago. I was subsequently introduced to her boyfriend who had wondered over. Couldn't take the cheeky grin off my face as I shook his hand. Love it. :E

Saturday got invited into the executive boxes. Free Booze and food for 6 hours. :ok:
Got absolutely plastered - as you would. Surrounded by some real gorgeous girls - particularly this Jamaican and a Kiwi girl come to mind. Can't really remember much but luckily took some videos with my camera.

On another note - have a nasty cut on my nose from a flying jug in the south stand. A mate of mine 3 years ago lost a tooth and bears a scar on his lip from one as well. Don't throw jugs you w@nkers! No one will get hurt from a meat pie or foam ball, but jugs do damage!
So yeah, just wanted to add that.

Allright people. Don't be shy, lets hear some stories.....

SMOC
25th Mar 2005, 02:15
God I've missed the last 2 and was complaining the entire weekend to my wife, (yes she had no probs with me going, just wasn't in the right country) until Monday morning when I thanked GOD I wasn't there. Saw some good pics on the HKRFU website but afraid no stories, so would also like to remember what it was like. Promise I will have stories next year!

Rgds SMOC

christn
26th Mar 2005, 19:11
What a load of crap! The days of boasting of boozing and whoring have long gone. Grow up and try to show that we are still 'professional' before thay take it all away!

sanook
27th Mar 2005, 02:50
What a load of poppycock oldboy!!
It's a great weekend outdoors with chums and watching alot of jolly good rugger.

Oasis
27th Mar 2005, 06:18
Actually,
I am not sure it is better to be the ex-boyfriend or the new boyfriend in that case BNN radar!
It all depends on if you were the dumper or the dumpee.
Never been to the 7ens, the binge-drinking in daylight never quite appealed to me.

This doesn't mean I don't want to hear the juicy details though!

cyclicmicky
28th Mar 2005, 11:43
I ran trips there for the last five years with a load of guy's from my old club in Coventry.
We stayed at the South Pacific which is a short walk from The Devils Avocate, and the rest of Lockhart Road!!!. Always spent the day at Stanley on the Friday before the games started, always spent Saturday and Sunday in the south stand. I agree about the Jugs...they come a bit tight.
But what a bloody great three day's .........when Monday came we took the evening Emirates flight to Bangkok and stayed at The Landmark for a few day's R&R to get over the excesses of HKG.
Superb Rugby, mates from all over the world with a like mindset.
The last three years we won it to boot!!...what more could a Rugby fan want.
I'll Be Back!!!
:ok: :ok:

BBN RADAR
29th Mar 2005, 13:46
Oasis:

It was great cause I was never one of her actual boyfriends. We just had a summer fling when we were both back from uni for the hols a few years ago. ;)

cyclicmicky:

Yeah mate, the rugby this year was awesome! Especially the Semi-finals. What a game between England and Fiji! 19-19 at final time and sudden death having to be played! Also Australia should have beaten NZ - we had possesion at last minute and they decided to try and muscle through instead of passing it out wide... shame. One of the best things is the diversity of nationalities of the crowd. It makes for such a good atmosphere. Sounds like you were onto a good thing - staying so close to Lockhart road. Wan Chai was absolutely pumping on both saturday and sunday night.

christn:

you should take your spiteful views elsewhere. I was asking for some good stories - not bitter tantrums. There were plenty of pilot's at the sevens amongst many other professional's and all are grown up enough to handle a weekend of fun without it affecting their life or their ability to remain a professional.

Cheers boys,

BBN RADAR