PDA

View Full Version : jet sim time

3Greens
23rd Mar 2005, 18:16
Just wondering if there are any wannabees out there who would be willing to pay for jet time on say B767/757 full flight simulators.
This isn't an advertisement, i'm an airline pilot myself and can only remember how hard it was to get a foot on the ladder 8 years ago.
This isn't the cheapest pastime as i'm sure you know. I reckon anything from 1-4 hour sim slots can be secured. If enough people are interested then getting 2 of you together would at least half the cost. I'd operate the sim & provide instruction for next to nowt (by the way i have uk TRI/TRE 757/767).
Note: i'm not offering a full type rating, for that you'd have to do all sorts of extras...e.g.ground school & sep.

Jinkster
23rd Mar 2005, 18:56
Maybe very handy when invited to the magical sim ride!

I'll be in touch.

Jinkster :)

3Greens
24th Mar 2005, 14:57
Jinkster

I also run sim assessments (spelling??) for my airline, so it would be very useful. good luck

High Wing Drifter
24th Mar 2005, 15:09
3Greens,

Would an old codger like me who hasn't started the IR yet get anything out of it?

Also, what location do you have in mind and what approximate cost do you imagine?

Cheers,
HWD.

Forward Slip
24th Mar 2005, 15:35
Very interested in sim time, please let me know where, when and how much:D Sounds great

3Greens
24th Mar 2005, 17:26
The location would be Heathrow area, age is of no importance as is experiance, you can use it as a 1-hour jolly or a more serious 3 hour session incorporating ILS, and single engine flight etc...
Cost will be dependant on how long the sim is hired and whether you want to team up with another person or want the whole time to yourself.
I don't want to post the cost here so will pm those interested approx costs.

3Greens
25th Mar 2005, 07:30
Forgot to say when, well anytime really. It would have to fit with my roster but i'm pretty flexible.