PDA

View Full Version : Where can I puchase a U.S Airforce Cockpit Oxygen Face Mask?

mixhypnatist
22nd Mar 2005, 00:14
To all Millitary and X U.S. Air Force and X Air Force personelle:

Does anyone know Where can I purchase an authentic U.S.
Airforce Cockpit Oxygen Face Mask.I would also need the Oxygen
Tank that would be coneected to the Face Mask.Please contact
me at [email protected] or call me at 1718/456/1099
just ask for discomixer.Or call 646/301/6358.
Thank you.

03/21/05

Razor61
22nd Mar 2005, 00:30
discomixer

What are you going to do with it, mix music while it is wrapped around your face? Like the 'old skool' tunes they used to bugger about doing on 'top of the pops' with a dust mask covering their face with a nuclear symbol on it? ;) :p :p :p

Try EBAY. You will probably get an F-15 jet to go with it aswell!!!
:ok:

nick0021
22nd Mar 2005, 00:32
Sorry my friend, cant help you there, however, intrigued as to why???!!

:confused: :confused:

mixhypnatist
22nd Mar 2005, 05:38
New York Has been attacked by Global Terrorists.They may
attack again with Chemical or Biological Weapons.This Air Force
Cockpit Oxygen Mask would be perfect to survive such an attack.

Pub User
22nd Mar 2005, 05:42
'Perfect' that is, until the tank runs out.

You also need to protect your eyes, have you thought about a respirator? They must be available from surplus stores or ebay.

Kolibear
22nd Mar 2005, 07:01
This Air Force

Until you get a droplet of nerve agent on your bare skin of course.

Ever thought of moving house?

SmilingKnifed
22nd Mar 2005, 12:48
It'd be of very limited use, do eBay sell AR5s?

Also, would the bottle not contain LOX?

Ever hear of a Darwin Award?:E

exvicar
22nd Mar 2005, 14:48
I could sell you a scuba tank regulator & diving mask. Mask would be perfect for keeping the agent out of your eyes, especially if you dive into a swimming pool during an attack. Don't forget to spit in the mask for maximum clarity. As great white shark attacks are on the rise, I would avoid diving in the ocean, it would be a shame to survive the attack only to loose a leg. Just make sure that you surface before the air runs out. Of course you would have to be careful where you get the tank filled, as any terrorist worth his salt may contaminate your air supply. I would check to see that the supplier is PADI registered. Be careful when you drive to get your tank filled, they may be onto you. You should also do a defensive driving course and should make sure that you can do a decent J-turn. Or...............you could just chill out (apart from giving up cigarettes, alcohol, fatty foods, confined places, aeroplanes, car driving & crossing busy roads).

Razor61
22nd Mar 2005, 15:02
I could sell you a scuba tank regulator & diving mask. Mask would be perfect for keeping the agent out of your eyes, especially if you dive into a swimming pool during an attack. Don't forget to spit in the mask for maximum clarity. As great white shark attacks are on the rise, I would avoid diving in the ocean, it would be a shame to survive the attack only to loose a leg. Just make sure that you surface before the air runs out. Of course you would have to be careful where you get the tank filled, as any terrorist worth his salt may contaminate your air supply. I would check to see that the supplier is PADI registered. Be careful when you drive to get your tank filled, they may be onto you. You should also do a defensive driving course and should make sure that you can do a decent J-turn. Or...............you could just chill out (apart from giving up cigarettes, alcohol, fatty foods, confined places, aeroplanes, car driving & crossing busy roads).

Anything else come to mind? :p :p :rolleyes:

Navaleye
22nd Mar 2005, 15:40
Why not go online and get a proper gas mask with a bunch of spare filters?

The big problem with all this is how do you know when to put one on or take it off?

PPRuNeUser0172
22nd Mar 2005, 15:41
Is this to accompany your gimp suit or so you can pretend to fly a virtual fighter jet, in your virtual world, virtually.............:E

Razor61
22nd Mar 2005, 16:18
I wonder how much it would cost to supply 'London' with gas masks like they did in WWII nowadays? Not like the government would anyway, but 'if'?

totalwar
22nd Mar 2005, 16:29
The military already have ample supply of respirators for the civilian population if required. There keeping safe and warm in those holes in the ground near Cosham

Solid Rust Twotter
22nd Mar 2005, 16:52
I recommend a tinfoil cap to keep the mind rays from confusing you.

Oh, the goats......

ImageGear
22nd Mar 2005, 19:26
"Whistling Handbags" at 5 paces anyone ? :}

SpotterFC
22nd Mar 2005, 20:09
OK I'll bite:

tw

I assume these are all WWII vintage, or are they just CasBags? Avon have not produced 56million S10s or their equivalent!

Or is "ample" for the populace enough for their Right Honourablenesses (governing party only of course), Senior Civil Servants and their nearest and dearest.

Or will there be a lottery?

moggiee
22nd Mar 2005, 21:15
surely this is a wind up?

We had a thread a couple years back on a similar vein - some saddo wanting a helmet and mask to wear whilst playing on line computer games.

Here: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94776

which remionded me of my old school mate Mickey Dawson (tale related in the thread).

Pub User
22nd Mar 2005, 22:18
The military already have ample supply of respirators for the civilian population if required. There keeping safe and warm in those holes in the ground near Cosham
If that is true, then it's astonishing how difficult they find it to supply them to military users.

Always_broken_in_wilts
22nd Mar 2005, 22:34
Stop rising to this twit "totalwa@nker"'s bait fella's, there is not a thread on prune where he has not been proved to be "full o ****e" :ok:

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

totalwar
22nd Mar 2005, 23:33
They are known as "The special British civilian respirator"

Great Britain was the only country during World War II to fully equip every civilian man, woman and child with a respirator free of charge. It was realised early on that those who were bedridden, suffering from respiratory difficulties, heart problems or who had undergone tracheotomy, were unable to use the standard respirator. However, research led to three special respirators being made available to cope with most medical conditions. The civilian respirators were developed and continued to be produced well into the 70's. They are stored in their millions undergound along with tons and tons of emergency rations, stores, water, etc etc etc.

Right, enough about gas masks...

Load Toad
23rd Mar 2005, 00:44
You lot aren't taking this seriously are you?
This guy isn't some dweeb that is paranoid and scared of terrorists - he is a terrorist.
By asking for pieces of military kit such as this - over a period of time he'll have enough to build his own F-15 and will be well on the way to getting a weapon of mass destruction or at least maximum disruption.

Widger
23rd Mar 2005, 08:26
I'm a bit concerned about Pub User's assertation that there is a secret store in COSHAM...that place is full of Pikeys and Chavs.

Does my face look bothered?

exvicar
23rd Mar 2005, 08:43
Chavs.........Perhaps fake Burberry gives superb protection in the chemical environment (in nerve agent form not tablets and loud music). Perhaps the Chavs are onto something, maybe the RAF regiment should look at a new clothing range (as well as swapping their Landrovers for souped(sp) up Ford Fiestas with unfeasibly loud cd players).

AllTrimDoubt
23rd Mar 2005, 10:41
Cosham must be empty by now. It is one of those places where more people seem to get on the train than off every day.

And they are all Chavs.

In fact the whole place is a hole (in the ground)

c-bert
23rd Mar 2005, 12:30
Hey, I resemble those remarks. I happen to live in Cosham. It's a wonderful place with streets paved in gold.

Just a shame about the chavs...:ugh:

Widger
23rd Mar 2005, 12:57
C-Bert

That's not gold....it's from Elizabeth Duke....

Computer says No!

AllTrimDoubt
23rd Mar 2005, 13:17
My train shall be passing through (again) at 1630 this afternoon. I presume it will stop, if only out of curiosity. It really seems a dreary place.

Cambridge Crash
23rd Mar 2005, 13:30
TW

regretfully, the government holds few contingency stores (now) for the civilian population, apart from large numbers of smallpox innoculations and related prophylaxis. Respirators and CBW suits have, however, been manufactured for the civil emergency services. Contingency food holdings, field kitchens, standby telephone networks (to be distributed by ancient steam driven railway carriages) were all phased out in the early 1990s. The buildings remain, but I can assure you that nothing is now kept underground in Corsham, but then I am only a student... Even the Green Goddesses - the last vestiges of civil preparedness from the bad old days - are now kept above ground. Oh, unless you believe the utter crap about 'nuclear generators' and Britain's 'Area 51' on the Wilts/B&NES border...

Look at the Dep Prime Minister's website on preparedness for up to date info...

Widger
23rd Mar 2005, 13:51
Ah now you have it.

I refer readers to the recent thread about typing F***wit into Google.

The Rocket
23rd Mar 2005, 15:11
Widger,

Do us all a favour fella, and stop ending all your posts with stupid phrases like

Computer says No!

Am I bothered, ask me if I'm bothered

Does my face look bothered?

I don't know what your face looks like, but it makes you SEEM like a right tw@t.

Widger
23rd Mar 2005, 15:44
Rocket,

Am I bothered?

Are you disrespecting me?

Are you calling me a Pikey?

Are you calling my dad a wino?

You need to stay in a bit more!!!

Are you going to give the same grief to everyone who writes:

I'll get my coat

or cheque please

etc.

If it winds you up....don't read the posts...don't rise to the bait...get back to your game of golf.

:) :( :O :D ;) :p :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: :confused: :}

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/articles/c/video_clips/catherinetateshow_999040216_1.shtml

Any more grief and I\'ll have the perpetrators automatically transferred and permanently locked into this fourum..http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=167798

Onan the Clumsy
23rd Mar 2005, 18:59
Right, enough about gas masks... Not at all

[:8]
They also made 'em for dogs
[/:8]

Speedpig
24th Mar 2005, 01:47
And why not cats? Why didn't they have gas masks?
Pussies should be protected.
Babies had gas tents.

Did you know that in the UK it is against the law to run over and kill a dog, but not a cat?
That's only because all dogs are owned by the government and are only rented by the people who allow them to cr*p on my pavement.
What about the cats that cr*p in my garden? Can I capture them and legally run them over?

Why I need Oxygen Mask.
New York Has been attacked by Global Terrorists.They may
attack again with Chemical or Biological Weapons.This Air Force

They are only planning to hit the Brooklyn area......
"Bring \'em on":O :ok:

RTR
24th Mar 2005, 06:29
Well personally, I think you should take him seriously. He asked a perfectly reasonable question and all he gets is abuse. :rolleyes:

I realised right from the beginning that he wanted to get beaten up in a gas chamber. Now what is wrong with that? I dunno you just cannot rely on people these days. :sad: :E :ok: