PDA

View Full Version : Un-install problem

4granted
21st Mar 2005, 11:02
Guys, been through the search for any old threads but no luck.
My laptop wont un-install my Nkoia PC suite (5.1) I have used the ADD/Remove, I have down loaded a secondry Uninstaller and tried those. Nothing. Even saw a thread mentioning going into the regedit.exe. No luck
Every time I reboot The Nokia suite tries to reinstall from some where.
I want to put the new version (6.1) on my laptop but wont "over" install.

Help please. I dont want to format.
Thanks in advance.

4g

BOAC
21st Mar 2005, 11:21
Will this help? (http://www.mobiledia.com/forum/topic1609.html)

4granted
21st Mar 2005, 11:52
Have been to that site. Looked at the regedit but didnt see the same figures. I did manage to install the new PC suite, but while using it I keep getting that 5.1 wants to install...and eventualy have to close it down.
Am going to try a registry mechanic.

Thanks anyway, Im just a window user and dont have much tech knowledge.
4g

BLUE SKY THINKER
21st Mar 2005, 12:26
Download HijackThis (http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=3155&file=1&evp=3304750663b552982a8baee6434cfc13), although in this case not for its primary purpose, often touted on here. ...It has some useful secondary tools.

Look for links 'Other stuff...' > 'Config' > 'Misc Tools' > 'Open Uninstall Manager'. ...There you will find a list of programs on your PC. ...Highlight the Nokia PC Suite and make a note of the Uninstall Command on the righthand side. ...Close HijackThis and run that exact command line manually yourself, via 'Command Prompt', in 'Start' > 'All Programs' (i.e., enter command line and press 'Enter' on keyboard).

Good luck.

nwaflygirl
24th Mar 2005, 05:47
unstead of regedit use MSCONFIG
start; run; type MSCONFIG
should be able to delete from here.

Good luck

Tonic Please
25th Mar 2005, 21:06
Beat me to it nwaflygirl :)

BLUE SKY THINKER
25th Mar 2005, 21:46
nwaflygirl/Tonic Please.....

Whilst you can prevent (disable) a program via msconfig from activating at startup you can't uninstall it from here, which was the purpose of 4granted's initial post.

nwaflygirl
26th Mar 2005, 02:10
Okay, enter MSCONFIG, system tab. Uncheck program to disable.

Close MSCONFIG. Right click delete through windows explorer.