PDA

View Full Version : Is it a realistic option?

andy_13
20th Mar 2005, 20:39
hi.

I am currently at uni studying civil engineering but my ambition is to be a prefessional pilot. i want to wait till i graduate (3 years) to start training so i have a degree as well.
just want to know how hard it is to actually get onto and pass a training course. its all very well saying i want to be a pilot but should i realistically be thinking i probably wont ever be a professional pilot?

thanks

Scoob
20th Mar 2005, 21:52
It is not hard to get onto or pass a training course to get your pilots license if you have the money. It is hard to get a job once you have your brand new license. Of course it is possible it is just very hard to get on the job ladder.

parkfell
21st Mar 2005, 06:57
Think of the training the same way you or for that matter an employer would value the quality of your degree
~ a first class honours v. 2.2 say ??

Although the licenced issued is the same, the report from the FTO, and marks you obtain in the exams can be a factor.
What is important is that you complete the course within the recognised timescale.

The JAR exams ~ quantity of material to learn ~ a lot, but far less difficult than your civil eng course exams.

You will be well placed to sail through the written exams, provided the appropriate level of effort is applied.

Best of luck.

ps. Obtain a class one medical before you spend a penny on the flying course.

:cool:

andy_13
21st Mar 2005, 18:40
thanks guys, its good to know its not a totally unrealistic dream.