PDA

View Full Version : Stapleford

vicento
20th Mar 2005, 14:49
I'm currently researching flight schools and have been to the open day at Cabair and have passed their assesment.

Stapleford seems to offer a better 'deal' so to speak - anyone been there to complete their training or know much about it?

benjamin1981
21st Mar 2005, 08:17
Hi there,

I am currently at Stapleford and can tell you that the deal is very good there. Good instructors and availability of aircraft. When I was researching schools about 6 months ago, I read the usual horror stories about some of the schools but never read anything negative about SFC and this has been my experience too.

Stapleford only offer a modular course however, not integrated. Doing the modular 'full time' however means your be finished in around the same time frame just not with the 'integrated' tag when you finish.

You can PM me if you have any more specific questions,
Good luck

ESSEX BOY
22nd Mar 2005, 10:32
Vicento ....

Do a search on PPRuNe, there have been many discussions on most flight school's including Stapleford.

I don't think you will find a bad word against them, a very profssional school.

I done all my flight training at Stapleford a few years ago, excellent training and good availability. I acheived first time passes in all tests and most of all enjoyed the courses.

As Ben pointed out, only modular courses available so prices more than half the likes of Oxford & (S)cabair ... no intergrated tag but you end up with a Frozen ATPL. What you then do with it to make yourself more attractive to the (airlines? etc) is up to you. The good thing is for less than the price of an intergrated course at Cabair you can do a F.ATPL at Stapleford and a Flight instructor course or a Type rating with 100hrs line experience !

The flying school own the airfield, the aircraft aswell as having own maintenance dept, so don't have the overhead's as do a lot of FTO's.

The standard of training has only got better in the last few years, with good accomodation onsite and new aircraft in the pipeline things are looking good for the future !

Your best bet is to give them a call and go and have a look around ... I advise you do this where ever you end up !

Stapleford Flight Centre (http://www.flysfc.com)

Best of luck with your choice.

EB :ok:

ESSEX BOY
22nd Mar 2005, 13:45
Well .... :rolleyes:

Once I finished the CPL/IR I went on to do an MCC course on a B737-(400) with an approved FTO through Stapleford ... As well as being great fun it brought opportunities with a couple of major airlines. These "opportunities" had there downsides of paying for type rating's etc with no guaranteed job until all complete on F100, 737 moving to asia etc ... its a big gamble as many things in aviation. And I among many others don't agree with having to pay for a typerating on the off chance that you are going to get a job at the end of it. Besides I'm in my early twenties and in no real rush to get in to an airline, the money would be a bonus but I enjoy the flying foremost ... if circumstances were different things may be different.

I went on to do my instructors rating and instructed for just over a year and a half at Stapleford. This as well as being great fun was invaluable experience ... until recently starting for a corporate company on charter work which is a real buzz :D

There has been many other guys/girls that I done my training with / instructed with and that have done it more recently that have moved on to the likes of Air Atlanta, Monarch, Ryanair, BA, Thomson, Flyjet and more ... So the name Stapleford will make as much of as an impression with the airlines as any other if not more because of the link with Astraeus/Bond.

I don't believe that Airlines are so interested in seeing Oxford on your CV as opposed to a type rating and 100hrs line experience. And if a job is guarunteed if YOU pay for the type would you do it ? again circumstances but prob yes !

EB :ok: