PDA

View Full Version : OY-SRG Congratulations Star Air Pilots!

Iflyforcash
19th Mar 2005, 19:08
http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=798735

Fried_Chicken
20th Mar 2005, 13:35
Does anybody know the first route this will be used on after pilot training etc..?

Fried Chicken

Twin2040
21st Mar 2005, 16:48
Thanks for the greeting. It looks great. Leaving CPH thursday - ARR: CGN 1100 local and departs CGN sunday evening for CDG- and then either BGY-ATH or EMA-EDI.

Regards. Twin2040

UPSAirOps
21st Mar 2005, 17:47
It'll be lucky to get anywhere from EMA, being as no load planner is currently qualified on how to load the a/c - tail tipping etc. and won't be for about another two weeks...

Having said that, once trained, it'll be welcome upgrade from the current 757 fleet operating from EMA.

cargohappy
23rd Mar 2005, 08:28
lets get this little one sorted out boys and girls
ups loadplanners are being trained sat 2 apr or earlier,
first flight from EMA - EDI for 767-200 (star) mon 4 apr
so no problems unless of course the schedules are changed
last min.

happy cargoing

UPSAirOps
24th Mar 2005, 00:37
Forgot to mention in my original post - a/c actually looks very nice. Not too outlandish but very smart indeed.

Street
24th Mar 2005, 10:08
Very nice to see the 767-200's in such nice colour scheme.

They will get about 11 of them I believe, correct me if I am wrong.
I have read in some post that the aircraft came from air new zealand. Are the aircraft over 20 years old?

What will be there base?......on ppjn it stated Copenhagen and Coln/Bonn.

Are there routes going to be like the 757 of DHL?
Or will the aircraft also be routing to Africa (flowers maybe as cargo) and America?

Ppjn also stated that redundancies will be given priority, for new pilot positions. Are there any redundancy crews?

Are there any pilots flying for them without Danish nationality?

Perhaps someone could tell me more about the (upcoming) operation.

I am very interested in this freighter company.

Regards. Street.

LONG_TAF
26th Mar 2005, 07:46
Yes, Give us some more info. How many guys they need etc.

Twin2040
28th Mar 2005, 19:35
Hi. Check out WWW.PPJN.COM - pretty accurate. Only management knows how many needed. Star Air is in the process of upgrading F/Os and during summer, pilots will return from furlough. Depending of outcome of upgrades and how many returns, will dictate number needed. My personal guess - round 20. Happy flying

Twin2040

GlueBall
29th Mar 2005, 09:30
Street ...you needn't ever guess about where Boeing airplanes come from as all models are given a specific "dash" number for each customer who ordered an airframe

So, indeed the B767-219 is the customer code for Air New Zealand....just as -21 is Pan Am, -29 is Sabena, -1R is Virgin, -AS is Ryanair, etc....