PDA

View Full Version : showing off on the internet

gingernut
18th Mar 2005, 21:16
Sitting in front of the fire one cold November evening, I decided that it was time to tackle the longest footpath in England, the South West Coast Path. Managed the first 14 and 1/2 miles in February, and have got my crap photo's from Boots (on a disc) to prove it.

I'm planning to continue my adventure over the next few years, (only another 615 and 1/2 miles to go).

I'd like to chart my future journey on a web page, for fellow adventurers to follow.

These are my requirements:

It's gotta be long lasting, (It could take me 20 years.)

The website address has to be as short as possible so that I can shout it to fellow sad rambler's on our route.

I'd like to put a few photo's on the site:) (about 200)

I'd like the kid's to be able to find the site via the usual search engine's.

I don't want to pay a lot of money!

Thank's in anticipation of your help:cool:

Bigwings
18th Mar 2005, 21:34
Well you could try www.swecopat.com the url is available. Long lasting, it will last as long as you pay the fees for the name.

Photos aren't a problem, but you'd be better of with a digi camera than the one you're using, (makes uploading the piccies a bit easier).

Search engines will pick up the site if it's submitted to them in the correct way, (not quite that simple, but it aint rocket science).

Cost can vary but you shouldn't be looking at a fortune, depends on how much you can do yourself.

I've probably over simplified it a bit, but as I said before it's not rocket science.

Bigwings :ok:

gingernut
19th Mar 2005, 08:23
cheers bigwigs I'll give it a go.

joe2812
19th Mar 2005, 17:16
URL from 123-reg.com

Try a photo gallery at http://www.fotopic.net/ - sort em into galleries etc, very useful.

gingernut
21st Mar 2005, 08:07
thannks Joe. I'll give it a whirl !