PDA

View Full Version : Availability of exam venues

Martin1234
18th Mar 2005, 15:45
Generally speaking, how likely is it that you get the Gatwick exam venue if this is your first choice, or any exam venue at all, if you book at or close to the closing date? Anyone been denied to sit an exam in Glasgow due to the venue being fully booked?

GusHoneybun
18th Mar 2005, 15:55
Never had a problem with my first choice exam centre. Also, never heard of anybody having had their first choice turned down as well. Could be wrong thou.

Keith.Williams.
19th Mar 2005, 12:40
Bookings are done on a first come first served basis, so the sooner you apply the greater your chance of getting your first choice.

The timings and durations of the courses run be each of the schools differ slightly. This means that during most months of the year some schools will not be sending students to the exams. But the cycles tend to come into phase every few months. This produces sudden increases in the numbers of students taking exams in one month. I believe that the busiest months are usually May and September. If you plan to take any exams in these months you should book as early as possible.

I do not believe that the Glasgow venue is ever completely full, but it has been cancelled on rare ocasions due to lack of bookings.

silverknapper
19th Mar 2005, 19:17
It's very rare that someone doesn't get first choice.
Glasgow IMHO is a good place if you have a choice. Very laid back, you get two large desks to yourself - a godsend for planning and GNav, and not too busy. Try it, you might like it. If you do don't use the college accomodation, it's very poor. Try the numerous local hotels which are close by.