PDA

View Full Version : Whats it really like flying for BA?

makd69
18th Mar 2005, 12:53
I ve been reading through the forums and noticed that BA is nothing like I thought it was. I havn't actually seen anyone write a good post about the airline, I was under the impression it was one of the best airlines in the world to work for!

What I would like to know is what is it really like working for BA, examples of a typical day or experiences while working for the airline, or from people who just know friends or family who fly for BA.

Are the problems with long or short haul or both??? I like thousands of others on this forum am a buddin pilot working away to get those commercial wings sometime in the hopefully near future. I thought I wanted to fly for BA one day as it was my choice airline but I'm not so sure anymore, I d love to fly the 777 one day long haul but to be honest the short haul life apeals to me I d be happy with a 757 hopping around Europe, so whats that like?

Anyway enough of want to do, does anyone have any stories or even anything good to say about ''the worlds favorite airline''???

Basicly all I'm asking guys is, if you have the time pop some stories (excuse the language) or even b!tch about BA, I d just really like to know what life really is like for a BA pilot.

Thanks for your time

Mak D

Rainboe
18th Mar 2005, 13:30
Fishing?

Well I dislike it so much I've done 34 years in BOAC/BA. I really should think about going elsewhere............

makd69
18th Mar 2005, 13:47
Fishing sir????

Rainboe
18th Mar 2005, 14:04
It's not unknown for management people to cast a fishing line into the murky stagnant pool of Pprune to see what they can hook!
Good luck with your employment, but to be realistic, it is normally a desperate grab at any job going. If you are lucky and the timing is right, the best jobs fall into your lap. For the vast majority, the luxury of choice is out of reach. You can answer your questions doing several searches here.

makd69
18th Mar 2005, 14:26
Cheers mate, thanks for your time :)