PDA

View Full Version : Japan Contracts

boomhauer737
18th Mar 2005, 08:10
g'day all,

I've just recently started to have a bit of a closer look at these gigs,namely Air Japan (767),JALways (747) and Nippon Cargo (747). Just wondering if anyone roaming these boards has first hand experience of these carriers, (or knows someone who does) and can perhaps shed some light on the situation for me.

Questions such as:

- Terms and conditions,and of course tax arrangements.
- Time off,and id90 arrangements to get home.
- upgrade potential.
- overall morale amongst the troops.

Already have a good job on a 73, so I really just want to satisfy my curiosity about the contract world.

Cheers

:ok: :ok:

Hightemp
20th Mar 2005, 09:13
For tax purposes , I am not an expert , but since Air Japan offers commuting contracts , you will pay taxes to your country of residence . The schedule is basically 3 weeks on and 10 days off . You can commute home using any of the Star Alliance carriers and also Qantas. Bases are Tokyo and Osaka . They are currently upgrading F/Os that joined less than 4 years ago . You do not need a 767 endorsement to apply . The word is they will be screening again in the fall .

Nippon Cargo have very recently hired guys without 747c type rating , despite the condition stipulated on the Hawaii Aviation website , because of the unavailability of candidates .

My advice , if you are interested , is to get in contact with the agencies that deal with these companies , Parc Aviation and Hawaii Aviation , and they will send you a very comprehensive information package .

Good luck !

Cheers :ok:

atyourcervix73
20th Mar 2005, 20:47
Hi Guys....a mate of mine, who I was flying 757's with..has recently joined Air Japan...the deal is pretty much as described as High temp has stated. My mate was told the preference is for Boeing rather than Scarebus Jockeys...and if its 737 time..then the reality is..you need to be fairly experienced (dont ask me what fairly experienced means..this is just second hand:D )

Money is pretty standard for 767's etc...but the big bonus is that you may well be eligable for an early command. My mate had around 4000hrs TT with 2000 on the 757...and hes set for a command in 6 months or so. I get the impression they are really quite short of Exp 767 rated guys.

Hope this helps

:ok:

Herc Jerk
20th Mar 2005, 23:08
BH737;

Regards your tax question- as a non-resident US citizen you may earn up to about USD75k/yr without having to pay tax. But to qualify for non-residency you are only allowed 2 or 4 weeks per year in the good ole USA.

Don't quote me in a court of law... but its somewhere along those lines...

Failing that, you can always leave your money with the Swiss...

HJ