PDA

View Full Version : Overseas Flying hours

DeltaSix
18th Mar 2005, 01:30
Are flying hours done overseas recognized here in Oz in terms of gaining employment ? Would anyone know off hand what (if any ) are the requirements from CASA to have these hours recognized here.

Thanks everyone

D6

Ang737
18th Mar 2005, 04:52
Hours are hours as far as CASA are concerned. I have had mates flying out of Africa and the like and CASA acknowledged them. One of the blokes is in Easterns now on the hours he built in Africa

Ang ;)

DeltaSix
18th Mar 2005, 04:56
Hi Ang

How did CASA acknowledge them ?

What were the requirements ( if any )

Ta

D6

Sheep Guts
18th Mar 2005, 06:30
If you can get your log book stamped ,initialled, and dated by either senior Staff Chief pilot or an Authority designee or Civil Aviation Authority Officer in the particular country you have operated in. Should suffice.

Sheep

John Citizen
18th Mar 2005, 08:39
Hours are hours no matter where you fly.

I continued to use the same logbook both in Australia and overseas.

I never heard of any requirement to get these hours acknowledged by CASA, so I did not bother.

However I already had an Australian ATPL (had all the hours previously in Australia) so CASA probably didn't really care if these hours were genuine or not nor how many I did.

I did get my logbook stamped by the chief pilot whilst overseas but no one ever asked me for any proof/ to see any certification.

When I tried to transfer my overseas endorsements to Australia, CASA contacted the overseas CAA to verify my details.

DeltaSix
19th Mar 2005, 06:49
The log book has been stamped and can be verified by phone call if need be. Was just wondering if there was a requirement by CASA from the overseas CAA to confirm it in writing.

You have answered my question so thanks to all

D6