PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook Question

flyingbee
17th Mar 2005, 21:21
Does anybody know the registration of the 757 aircraft Thomas Cook operate to the Canadian east coast for Canadian Affair.

It's the aircraft with the very generous 35" seat pitch throughout! :cool:

Thanks for your help. :D

nosewheelfirst
17th Mar 2005, 21:43
I think it was LJ (can't remember the first part).

flyingbee
17th Mar 2005, 22:06
Thanks!

With that info a quick consultation with JP airline fleets suggests it is

G-FCLJ

but it's not listed as having a special configuration.

Please can anybody confirm this is the aircraft used?

What does this do?
17th Mar 2005, 23:17
There were 2 aircraft used last year, G-FCLJ and G-FCLK. They're not in the 187 seat config over winter, but should be going back for the summer.

Rumours abound that a third aircraft will be joining them this year too, so watch this space ;)

Happy flyin!! :ok:

expedite_climb
17th Mar 2005, 23:19
Does anybody know the registration of the 757 aircraft Thomas Cook operate to the Canadian east coast for Canadian Affair.

Last year they operated 2 757's in 187 seat config; 35" pitch leather seats (very nice).

G-FCLJ
G-FCLK

This year they will operate 3*757's; the same two. Not sure which the third will be - I think G-FCLD

EDIT - Damn - he beat me too it!

flyingbee
18th Mar 2005, 07:29
Thank you everybody! :ok:

expedite_climb, you even managed to guess my next question - how many seats in spacious config. JP says it has 235, which is too many for 35" seat pitch. Saved me from trying to work it out myself!

Thanks again. :)

What does this do?
18th Mar 2005, 09:25
he he, gotta be fast in this game mate!!

I think the third aircraft will be FCLH raher than FCLD, but I stand to be corrected. :D

Keep watching the skies................

phoenix son
18th Mar 2005, 09:34
LH is correct for Summer '05 folks...(from the horses mouth...)

flyingbee
21st Mar 2005, 07:26
Does anybpdy know what these flights are really like? Is the the low cost, charter service really worth it for extra leg room compared to using BA or AC?

Thanks

expedite_climb
21st Mar 2005, 08:29
flyingbee,

Called me bias as I used to operate these flights, but I'd pick them every time. Yes the inflight entertainment isn't seat back tv's where you choose the channel, but that is the only downer really. Good seats, good legroom, expect a meal and an aftertoon tea (which is very tasty) as well as a drinks services / duty free. Friendly crew. What else could you want ?

jamesbrownontheroad
29th Apr 2005, 18:19
Does anybpdy know what these flights are really like? Is the the low cost, charter service really worth it for extra leg room compared to using BA or AC?

I think £190 return for MAN - YUL is definitely an incentive for going with TC instead of BA/AC :) Very much looking forward to the trip, have heard great things about the service, right down to the thoughtful bottle of water left on every seat before boarding.

A good trip report of LGW - YYZ with pics is here:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/48155/6/

Anyone here working / travelling on my flights (TCX88K out 4/5 and TCX88L back 11/5) ?

*j*