PDA

View Full Version : Work Experience

A333
16th Mar 2005, 06:43
Hello,

I have work experience this year and was wondering whether Qantas is an option or they don't accept any work experience students? It'd be greatly appreciated if someone can let me know whether it'd be possible to do work experience with Qantas at Sydney.

If not, what are other options in Sydney that are aviation related? I'd prefer to work with aircraft but would be happy to be at the airport, control tower, etc.

Thank you very much for your time.

Kind Regards,

A333

A333
17th Mar 2005, 04:18
tomwato,

Thank you very much, your reply is very helpful!

Can you please tell me what do you did with Qantas for work experience? Once again thank you very much.

A333

Chocks Away
17th Mar 2005, 06:23
You could also try:

Execujet
Hawker Pacific
Airservices Australia
SACL / Sydney Airport Authority
Sydney International Terminal
Menzies Freight
Patricks freight
DHL Worldwide Express
RFDS (Royal Flying Doctor Service)

Any of the Airlines:
Emirates
British Airways
Virgin Blue
Air New Zealand...

The list is endless, just fling out those letters.

I got into flying the same way, with work experience with TAA at Tullamarine in 1986... had my first ride in a plane - jump seat on the retiring B727, up to Cooly. Still remember it well!

:ok:

Ultralights
20th Mar 2005, 09:58
Did my work experience at RAAF Richmond many moons ago, spent 2 weeks with 38 Sqn (caribou) spent a few days pulling down those massive radials, asked a few questions while watching a caribou being loaded, ended up in the office putting my name on the pax manifest and spent the rest of my time flying in the back, to the snowy mountains, bankstown, flying parts etc to williamtown, and pushing crates of sandbags out the back at dirt strips in the middle of nowhere (west of richmond somewhere)

still remember it like it was yesterday! met my first girl there as well, (fellow work experience student)

:ok:

Obiwan
20th Mar 2005, 20:15
I know some kids who did RAAF Richmond work experience a few years ago. Because of OH&S they don't get to do the fun stuff anymore like ride in the aircraft, climbinf up on wings etc. :( Still they reckon they had a great time.

Ultralights
21st Mar 2005, 08:15
thats a real shame, thats what got me hooked in aviation! still got plenty of photos! even remember having lost an engine mount fastener on the ramp at Bankstown airport, but only being told about it apon arrival at richmond! i still have the flight suit they gave me in my cupboard!!! with the patches and all!

shame the fun police have ruined such an experience! and we wonder why not so many young kids are interested in aviation. if every work experience student had the experience i did. im positive every one of them would be in the aviation game right now! it was the highlight of my school life! :cool: unfortunatly my school formal was interupted by a QF interview! :mad: