PDA

View Full Version : Oxford MCC

ABO944
15th Mar 2005, 18:17
Hello all !

Does anyone know how much the MCC is at Oxford??

Couldn't find the price on their website and the email didnt work!

Thanks

ABO

naughtybutnice6792
15th Mar 2005, 20:39
I'm 99% sure its £2795 - thats what I got told on the phone to them the other day.

simkin
15th Mar 2005, 23:19
Naughty is correct. Actually a fiver short but what's a fiver in the scheme of flight training?

Latest price list shows the MCC on B737 sim as £2800. It is on the Oxford website but you have to go through the brochure link and provide your details. You can then view the latest price list pdf, which covers everything from PPL costs to the APP costs.

Sim

touch
16th Mar 2005, 04:11
do you know if the MCC at Oxford is good or not ?
and by which kind of instructors is it given?
( former or actual airline pilots)

fray bentos pielot
16th Mar 2005, 09:59
You can combine an MCC with JOT for £4,200. Giving you a total of 32 hours on their 737.

Do they offer an MCC on their fnpt(II) sims?

Also does anyone know if the 737 hours can be logged for anything? I assume they are pretty much useless in terms of saving a couple of hours on a type rating?

superstall
16th Mar 2005, 10:09
I've done both the MCC and JOC courses at oxford and found them both to be top notch. The instructors were all ex jet crew to the best of my knowledge and were both friendly and helpful.

ChocksAwayUK
16th Mar 2005, 12:21
While we're at it...

Can anyone tell me how much the MCC at Parc aviation in Dublin is? I can't find that on the website either.

Ibanez
16th Mar 2005, 14:32
PARC MCC costs £3380. The price they quoted was in Euros, which worked out to be £3380 including VAT. I did the course last month and found it to be top class. Instructors are currently flying with Ryanair, Virgin and Aer Lingus. The training is all done at the Aer Lingus facilities on a B737-200 sim. The course is more expensive, but definitely worth it and I would recommend it to anyone. Just a pitty that everything else in Dublin is so expensive nowadays. Everything just keeps Dublin and Dublin and Dublin :{ .

Hope the info helps. LATER!!!

ChocksAwayUK
16th Mar 2005, 14:44
Thanks for the info Ibanez.. Funnily enough i considered a "Dublin and Dublin" "joke" in my post as well but thought better of it!

ABO944
16th Mar 2005, 15:19
Thanks for all the info chaps and chapesses !

Anyone planning to do an MCC within the near future? I may be looking for an MCC buddy to team up with!

Thanks again!

TRISTAR1
16th Mar 2005, 17:31
Slots available at BCFTC and much cheaper for a jet sim

Hanna Reitsch
17th Mar 2005, 16:44
Hi touch,

What do you reckon is the difference between having ex airline guys as instructors and having current operators for MCC ?.

Hanna

FougaMagister
18th Mar 2005, 15:52
Did the MCC at Oxford, and I can recommend it. Great sim, very good standard of instruction, and good value for money.

However, if I had to do it now, I would consider Flight Training Europe (ex-BAE Systems Flight Training Europe) at Jerez in Spain.

The reason? PROBABLY better value for money. For 4,000 Euros (i.e. £2,500), you also get a "full motion" sim with EFIS (an HS 125-800), but the price includes three weeks accommodation and full board. The price of the MCC itself is therefore only about £2,000, which puts it at about the same price as a turboprop MCC in Blighty.

Oxford's MCC is £2,800 and with 2 weeks accommodation and food you can add £200-250, so you're looking at £3,000 all told.

Whatever you choose, the MCC courses in Britain are some of the most competitively-priced in Europe (not to say you can't bargain on the quote :E ).

Cheers

Dictionary
18th Mar 2005, 15:59
Don't go to Oxford for your MCC their sim is not all it's crack up to be. If you want a really good MCC course go to Jetlinx, their are on the web. Cost me £2500.00, excellent course and we use either B757 or A320 sim at BA Crankbank and the instructor where BA pilots. Best sum of money I have spent in my training.