PDA

View Full Version : SkyLand News 2005

Sharpie
15th Mar 2005, 02:31
I hear from an extremely reliable source that there will be va commemorative issue of Skyland News published in time for the Coulandra Talair Reunion.

Free copies will be on sale at $2.00 and For sale at $5.00. Thee will be no apology if your name or photo does not appear within.

Order your copies from Your Pal Mal, otherwise known throught the aviation industry as Alky Mal.

tinpis
15th Mar 2005, 02:59
What and where is the Skyland news is it like Black and White??:rolleyes:

Woomera
15th Mar 2005, 07:13
Free copies will be on sale at $2.00 .........

Who's flogging the free copies Sharpie - Trader Booth? :}

Tinpis ....... worse than Black & White. Editorial reflects the opinions of the publisher and no correspondence shall be entered into.

Bit like PPRuNe really............ :E

Sharpie
17th Mar 2005, 04:12
Hey Tinpis, where you bin the past 40 years!

SkyLand News possibly took over the aviation scene after the demise(?) of Luke and his mate's B&W.

I think that SkyLand News may have repelled various hostile take-over attemps in the past from PosGuria, HilandGnus, IlsandGnus, News limited and a few other well known companies with a printing press in the back room.

As far as I am aware, even though the paper was mentioned in various PNG halls of fame as well the National Library, the shareholders could not be found.

Who knows! sordid details may be revealed in Caloundra.

Animalclub
17th Mar 2005, 12:17
In the late 90's I discovered that a complete set of Black & White was held by the National Library in POM. I asked if it was possible to borrow them. Sorry tumas. What's the use of having 'em if you can't read them!!

Sharpie
18th Mar 2005, 05:39
Maybe the reason why they would not let you look was that horrible in and out word on the last page. The one where if you read the beginning of each line of the poem, said:
Y
O
U
C
A
N
A
L
L
G
O
A
N
D
G
E
T
F
-
-
-
-
-
d !! or something very similar.

TwoDogs
28th Mar 2005, 05:31
Hey Sharpie,
Good to see the pricing policy hasn't changed much :)

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-3/981327/SklandNews.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-3/981327/sklandnews2.jpg

Hope you guys all have a great time at the re-union.
Wish I'd been invited :sad:

Sharpie
30th Mar 2005, 02:59
:ok:

Ah... Two Dogs,

I am quite sure that if you contact Kevin Dodd, a very welcome mat would be made available to you in return for all the good clearances received by Talair staff over the years. Just bring the odd bottle of good old HKG liquid refreshment with you.

(but none of that fragrant harbour stuff!)

Looie.

TwoDogs
30th Mar 2005, 04:42
Thanks for the offer Pete, I would love to be there to share an SP or 2 with you guys - unfortunately I am unable to accept your invitation at this late date due to work responsibilities. (The b@stards won't give me leave) :(

Hope you all have a great time and don't create too much havoc on the Coast. Have a coldie or 2 for me - for the record Pete I am no longer in Fragrant Harbour (don't think they appreciated the Hagen Tower style of control :) ) but am now sunning myself in downtown Al Ain. Drop in for a beer sometime :)

TD

ps Would very much like a copy of the "commemorative issue of Skyland News", preferably the "free" copy - my e-mail I.O.U. for $2.00 is in the mail as I write.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-3/981327/PortMoresbyTWR_sml.jpg

Sharpie
31st Mar 2005, 00:56
I'll have to speak to a friend who know a friend of the publisher/printer asnd see if another 200 free copies can be run-off for Prunners.

We'll catch up one of these days.

Looie.

Taildragger
4th Apr 2005, 22:15
Sharpie My $2 on the way with a small emolument for her Majesty, Queen Camilla's Postage Inc.
I wish I could be with you all, at the latest thrash, but I am sure you will be able to tell enough lies without my intervention, although a few Scottish emebellsihments, although I am sure I shall be looking for a sign in at the Subic Yottie in due course, and we can have a Subicbash or similar. Have fun and don't let that Chuckles give you a hard time.!

Chimbu chuckles
5th Apr 2005, 00:44
Oi!!! I only ever give as good as I get!!!:p :p

At least one ex Talair legend aint comming least Sharpie end the evening sans teeth:}

But I will be there...it looked like life might intervene and make it impossible but I will definately be attending...inbound via London, Dubai, Bwn, Sydney -> Brissy...beer fixes jetlag I heard:confused: :ok:

Doesn't sound like the type of venue where Halbauer might attempt another pool crossing like the Dash 8 Go pinis but should be a huge night:E

tinpis
5th Apr 2005, 01:02
Open slather free four hours on the piss before dinner should put paid to any decorum.

http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/drinkingbuds.gif