PDA

View Full Version : Oe6

Tonic Please
14th Mar 2005, 14:03
Any ideas why OE6 and IE6 on windows XP (problem was on 98SE too) that they do not automatically dial up when opened?

I have checked all the settings and options nonsense about doing so when it is loaded but nothing works.

Grandads computer. Has BT 500K service broadband, but it goes through a modem. Mine is NTL and is there instantly..his does a quick dial name password thing.. But the "connect automatically button" when pressed, does not connect automatically and it does not remember the button has been pressed!

Ideas??

Thank you all.

Jhieminga
14th Mar 2005, 19:51
Have you checked the internet settings? Go to the desktop, right-click on the IE logo and select 'properties'. On the tab 'connections' check that the correct dial-up connection is set as standard, and that 'always connect using standard' tick box is ticked.

That's all I can think of right now, you may already have checked that of course.

Edit: reading your post again, obviously you already did that :oh:

Something else that I just remembered: on Win98 my girlfriend sometimes 'canceled' the 'enter password' dialog box that turned up when starting up, even though the password was 'empty'. This would have the side effect that my dial-up password would not be remembered by Windows. Something similar perhaps?